Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford

What kind of riding:ride: is there? Is it all Hills? Everyone i talk to says it will kick my A$$.....SO I AM ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS :applause:.......

Thanks Guys :applause:

I went there for my first time this season. I like it a lot, especially on a week day when it's not so crowded.

It is basically a trail system in a small moutain range... I guess. It has lot's of single track, hill climbs, and head on collisions. Bring a map. It can get a little confusing.:applause:

ACK@ head ons.............. weeeeeeeeeeeeee lol. Weekday....ok...makes note...thanks man.

Stonyford is the awesome, if you can handle a big boy bike you won't have a problem. I rode most of the upper stuff with no clutch on my 300. It is an ohv park with relatively groomed trails. Stay off the black diamonds the first few times till you get the hang of the place.

It is one of those places that everyone should go to - its huge.

Map, compass for sure - and gps is nice to have.

Like ZEKEDAWG said that place is AWESOME Stony is my favorite place to ride it has mild fire roads to wild hillclimbs single track what ever your looking for.Be careful you can get lost pretty easy if you don't know they trails find a map on-line or at the rangers station.

March 3rd heading up there......down there....over there..... u r welcome :applause:

I ll be at Stonyford rise and shine tomorow at Digger pines. Straight up Cracker box, over and down and around to Davis flat. Im looking for a place at Davis flat to fill up my fresh water tank and at the end of the following weekend empty the black and gray. I was told there is a spot.

Its gona be nice and wet/snowy.

You really don't need to waste your time. There are fresh water spigots by the bathhrooms in davis flat. There is also a full dump station and rv water. I have never filled there but many people do. $5 to dump.

Don't worry Dude !

I'll make sure you have fun and come home safe ! Watch the weather this week though. If it rains too hard, they will shut it down. There are alternatives if that happens. The hills vary in difficulty. The difference at Stonyford is that they go up for a long ways. Most will be no challenge for your KTM. Just think of it as an all day natural motocross course with rock fields, creeks, logs and single track if you like. A truly magical place !!!

C-YA Then !!!!!!!!

STS.

:lol::applause: :applause:

What kind of riding:ride: is there? Is it all Hills? Everyone i talk to says it will kick my A$$.....SO I AM ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS :cry:.......

Thanks Guys :cry:

You really don't need to waste your time. There are fresh water spigots by the bathhrooms in davis flat. There is also a full dump station and rv water. I have never filled there but many people do. $5 to dump.

How or who do you pay $5.00 to for dumping. I did go check it out but didnt see or look for a place to pay... Thanks for the heads up, it was some awesome riding this week end.

How or who do you pay $5.00 to for dumping. I did go check it out but didnt see or look for a place to pay... Thanks for the heads up, it was some awesome riding this week end.

Big steel post with a deposit slot dead center, front when you pull up.

Remember to pull in counter clockwise.

Pay envelopes right there as well.

Big steel post with a deposit slot dead center, front when you pull up.

Remember to pull in counter clockwise.

Pay envelopes right there as well.

Thanks so just put $5.00 in an envelope thats it....Cool

Thanks so just put $5.00 in an envelope thats it....Cool

The hard part is putting your vehicle info on the envelope...done deal.

The fresh potable THREADED water spigots are right there as well.

No need to haul in 500-1000 Lbs of water :applause:

Aslo..the small store in Stonyford has propane for your tanks and parts for your bike..best yet..Ice cream for the summer trips!

the small store in Stonyford has propane for your tanks and parts for your bike..best yet..Ice cream for the summer trips!

Personally recommend the hard candy in the baskets at the front as you walk in - root beer....

Thanks guys, im new to the toy hauler thing. But ride at stony every year and yes the stony store is great for all things they evan sale helmets.

Thanks guys, im new to the toy hauler thing. But ride at stony every year and yes the stony store is great for all things they evan sale helmets.

and minnows!

not to mention

B

E

E

R