Sign in to follow this  

White Bros Power Filter/ Motosport.com

First of all, props to white brothers for making an awesome air filter. I dont like it quite as much as oem, because the sealing area is larger than the sealing area in the airbox, but it kills the moose and twin air filter i have previously tried. It has the arrows made into the foam for lining up the filter in the airbox, just like oem (moose and twin air didnt have the arrows.) The filter is also very close to the thickness of the oem air filter, and is a lot thicker than the twin air and still thicker than the moose filter. Now on to motosport.com. I have made over a thousand dollars in orders from them in the past few years. They have always managed to ship orders out very quickly, when they have them instock. However it has happened twice that i make an order online and the item actually wasnt in stock. When i call them a week later they responded "ohh sorry about that... we should have the parts in sometime in the next 6 weeks." second time i ordered a sweatshirt. After not receiving it 4 weeks later i call. The guy tells me it has been disccountinued and they no longer make them. Noone bothered to tell me.

This order they crammed a whole lot of crap into small box, to save on shipping. One of the two airfilters ended up being pressed against the edge of the box for the "billy who" bottle. The edge pressed up against hte sealing ring of the filter. Oh i also have to add that the billy who bottle is amaing. I initially ordered it to bump my order to 100 bucks for free shipping, but now i think its worth every penny. It has a valve u pull so it drains the bottle once the tube is in the bike... no mess at all. It also has marks for 550-1200ml. You can order bike specific ones where it has a mark for your bike (oil and tranny if you have a crf) but i ordered the universal because i like to run 75ml of extra tranny oil... i just made marks for where to fill teh engine oil up to and where to fill the tranny up to.

Heres some pics... im kinda a perfectionist and its bothering me... do you think it will actually effect the seal of the air filter... i doubt it will i just need some reassurance... like i said, im very ocd about my stuff/bike. Oh btw the second filter was fine... no creases or anything.

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Now for the good pics...

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

okay, incase you didnt read all my ranting, basically is what i want to know is if i should return the filter to motosport.com... the crease is actually deaper than it looks...

/

/

/

/

/

I wouldn't worry about the filter. I like the White Brothers filters too. They work really great. I too have had a ton of shipping problems with them... If I order some small parts (special OEM honda bolts or whatever) they sometimes get lost, I ordered two sets of black number twos and only received one set. And often times if i order a lot of stuff at once they mash everything they can into one box. Its nice when you get a fitted rolled brim hat and its smooshed like a pancake. :applause: Watch on the Billy Who bottles, the valves leak if you squeeze to hard.