Sign in to follow this  

stoppie crash!

Just happened 10 minutes ago....:applause:

I went for a quick ride up to the store, figured I'd go practice a few stoppies/wheelies on the way, like I usually do.

I was coming in in second gear, popped it up....rode it a ways...and then whoaaaaa!

Went to far.:lol:

Smashed the speedo, bent the headlight bracket, chewed up the rear fender/can, busted the throttle cable housing, and some other stuff.

Luckily I was armored up! The bike came down on top of me too....that hurt.

Mostly damaged my pride, but nobody saw me wreck, so I'm good :applause:

Remember, be careful out there fellas! You are never to good to crash.

Thought I'd tell you guys first.

Sorry to hear, but when you play like that, you will get bit, but at least your OK :lol:

Tomorrow is another story, you will hurt :cry:

Have a few of these tonight :cry::eek:

If you must throw yourself under the bike, put a bit of meat on your bones :p

It stops the bike getting damaged, I did it this time last year.

I hurt plenty, the bike, a few scratched plastics. :applause:

Neil. :applause::p :p

PS: Was this a wheelie or stoppie gone wrong, not sure from your description.

Just happened 10 minutes ago....:applause:

I went for a quick ride up to the store, figured I'd go practice a few stoppies/wheelies on the way, like I usually do.

I was coming in in second gear, popped it up....rode it a ways...and then whoaaaaa!

Went to far.:lol:

Smashed the speedo, bent the headlight bracket, chewed up the rear fender/can, busted the throttle cable housing, and some other stuff.

Luckily I was armored up! The bike came down on top of me too....that hurt.

Mostly damaged my pride, but nobody saw me wreck, so I'm good :applause:

Remember, be careful out there fellas! You are never to good to crash.

Thought I'd tell you guys first.

Glad you didn't badly hurt yourself, parts for the machine are readily available.How about some pics of your new "Trophy".

Why are you driving like a idiot on public roads?

It was a private road...

But lemme guess, you always obey the posted speed limit, make complete stops at stop signs, and never violate any traffic laws?

I would say driving a supermoto like an idiot is the norm around here...:applause:

I would say driving a supermoto like an idiot is the norm around here...:applause:

Riding a supermoto like an idiot is the same no matter where u r :cry:

God knows i ride like a fool far tooo often :applause::lol:

Actually I dont drive recklessly, make a fact. I was rear ended by a driver like you.... Keep tires on the road and bring it up on the track.

Give the guy a break...if you can read? he clearly stated it was a private road...and before that he stated that no one was around. I have read may posts on here with people riding like idiots in view of the general public...this does not sound like one of the cases!:applause:

Schitt Mark..Glad you're OK..Tuff luck on the bike..Fix it and try again! The American way! Last couple times out in the desert I met the earth...Live to fight another day brother...Quit riding like an idiot for gods sake!

Not a day goes by that I should'nt be arrested for something while riding my SM. You elitist do gooders just keep pissing in the wind and live your boring conformist lives.

I'm 40 years old, and have been crashing all kinds of motorcycles on every kind of terrain, be it it public or private since I was 5. I'm fairly certain I'll wreck again eventually, given my riding style....and I seriously doubt you were rear-ended by a guy like me, since you don't even know me.

But hey, we are all entitled to our own opinion. :applause:

I've already patched everything back up....minus the speedo unit. It was smashed. I knew I should have sold that damn thing, seeing how I never figured out how to use any other function besides looking down to see how fast I was going.:applause: I zip tied the idiot lights to the ignition switch for now, and another around the throttle housing. Bent the headlight bracket back straight, as well as the adjuster screws, and I'm back in business.

After a year of doing stoppies on the DRZ, my luck finally ran out. As soon as I got it put back together, I went out and did another one, just to chase away the gremlins...:lol:

As soon as I got it put back together, I went out and did another one, just to chase away the gremlins...:cry:

That's the way to do it, nice one :lol::cry:

Still think you will be :applause: tomorrow :p

Neil. :applause::eek::p

i can honestly say that i am absolutely disgusted with the way this person is doing reckless and dangerous things on his motorbike .... there could have been a line of ducklings crossing the road or a baby may have jumped out infront of him.

he may have even broke the speed limit on the way to the shops, and i bet he doesnt wear a cup along with his armour..... he will be sorry if he bangs his goolies.

and im disgusted that he said he done another stoppie..... im sure braking that hard burns rubber which in turn damages the environment.

oh wait ive entered the real frikin world.... hows about you do gooders shut your sad lonely mouths and enjoy your bike for what its for (driving to the max) instead of bloody tinkering down the shops like a bleedin granny.

good day to you.

Like they say....

You really don't know where the line is until you cross over it.

...and yea, I'm feelin' it now. :applause:

Hey Bill, don't tell the guys over at the GSR...:applause:

Seems there are two schools of thought here. Name calling won't change anyones mind. Just manage and expose yourself to the risk as you will.

You really don't know where the line is until you cross over it.

So now you do know where it is :p

If do it again, well, that would be silly :eek:

Neil. :applause::cry: :cry:

PS: I can recomend Red Wine, why you ask :applause:

Well I am feeling no pain :lol:

By its nature, supermotos are hoodlem machines, capable of feats other bikes only dream of.... LOL. Glad you're ok! I went up the mountain today (*yes a PUBLIC highway), broke the speed limit (nearly tripled it), passed on a double yellow, did a short stoppie, wheelied often, dragged the pegs, had a blast! AMERICA... F**K YEAH!

The wife even got in on the action! (well, sorta)

022407a-1.jpg

By its nature, supermotos are hoodlem machines, capable of feats other bikes only dream of.... LOL. Glad you're ok! I went up the mountain today (*yes a PUBLIC highway), broke the speed limit (nearly tripled it), passed on a double yellow, did a short stoppie, wheelied often, dragged the pegs, had a blast! AMERICA... F**K YEAH!

Hell ya! mike(another dr-z guy) and i rode a 100 mile loop thru some nice canyons. the ride was fast with some nice twisty roads in some parts.i scraped the toe of my boots a couple times railing some turns.....fun ride and if you want to see someone ride way to fast on those s rims & tires thru a canyon, "another drz guy" is your guy. :applause:

Hopefully I'll get some on board video this year and show you guys how we do it in TN. WARNING... The last video made some people sick (rocking image in camera while carving the twisties). I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: here ya go