Sign in to follow this  

suspension upgrades

Has anyone upgraded the seuspension? If so what did you do and use?

Any sugjestions?

Devol in Enumclaw, Wa revalved my 2003 DRZ400S and left the springs as is since my weight is 175lbs and I trail ride mostly.

Has anyone upgraded the seuspension? If so what did you do and use?

Any sugjestions?

Precision Concepts in Temecula did the suspenders on my Z. Revalve for Off Road, and heavier springs for my fat a$$.:applause: Plus I ride long trips unsupported mostly with a bunch of gear strapped to the poor steed.

The secret I think was in the revalve. Its a little bit stiffer with the new springs but the ride is still super plush over the rocky two track in Baja. It now does 1000% better in the whoops. It made a huge difference in the way the bike handles. I was thinking of putting on a Ohlins shock but the guy at Precision told me it would be maximum cost for minimal gain. When a vendor trys to talk me out of spending money I listen.:applause: He said the stock shock on my 07' Z is pretty darn good after the revalve.

With the stiffer springs I think I am getting a little frame flex in the whoops as no matter how I tune the clickers I get a slight consistent kick out to the right in whoops when I'm on it pretty hard, but when you are expecting it its not a big deal.

Get a revalve by a reputable guy, its money well spent IMO. Around here most of the shops are MX oriented and even when you tell them ROCKS! ROCKS! ROCKS! you could still wind up with something more MX oriented than you may want, so ask around.

I went with an Ohlins shock (as it was about the same cost as revalve/respring) and the RaceTech springs for my weight. Definitely a great investment. My only regret was not doing it sooner.