Sign in to follow this  

Help with decel popping

I have been reading and searching for posts with this problem but I have not read anything useful. If its below 40 degrees I have a very hard time starting it. Once it starts it takes forever until you can take it off choke. Its a stock bike and so I havent messed with anything. no matter what the temperature it pops on decelaration a lot. Help Please:banghead:

The colder the temerature, the leaner your mixture is.

You need to make your jets fatter and jet it so that the carb allows more fuel in. If it's a significant difference from two temps, you may have to go up on the main, move the clip down one on the needle, go up on the pilot, and adjust the fuel screw.

The bike was probably already running lean from the factory as well, so the cold is just making it worse.

and another point, check your hot start lever, it could be stuck partly on, have seen that happen.

yea true, could be the reason why its really lean..if it is popping after u rev it or like it is erratic while the revs are coming down...u have a lean mix..then again the stock fuel/air metering jets/circuits could suit the warmer, temps