Sign in to follow this  

over the boot pants?

How many of you guys use over the boot pants? I've always used the regular style but since I do a lot of woods riding I thought the over the boot pants might be a good choice. If so, which brand do you use?Thanks

I always worn regular pants but like you only ride trails/woods now and recently bought the Klim Revolt pant. Haven't got a chance to wear them on the bike yet, but they feel really comfy and beefy. Do a search on them, I haven't heard anyone who has them not like them.

I do only woods riding, and prefer the over-the-boot pants to the regular. However, I ride in the TLD girl's OTB pant, and don't think you REALLY want to buy that one (unless you're partial to the pink/black grily look). My boyfriend has THOR over the boots, and he likes them. Actually, I think his have held up better than mine.

I don't personally where them but when I rode with Jonah Street he was Wearing KLIM stuff and it didnt hinder him any!

I personally enjoy riding with over the boot pants, but when i race i use regular Thor Core gear.

I find the Shift over the boot zip off pants very comfortable compared to the core gear. :applause:

I wear a cheap pair of "Fly" over the boots pants. I like them quite a bit.

I have always worn shift over the boot pants.....they are extremely comfortable...for me I dont feel the weight of the boot like I would with regular pants, maybe im just weird....the only thing I dont like about them is that the pants get muddy instead of the boot:banghead:

I have been using the Klim Revolt over the boot pant for over a year and a half now and they are great! Very comfortable, durability is best I have used. I also have a pair of the vent Moab pants which are great in the summer. Most of the guys I ride with have switched over to the Klim over the boot pant. I highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Whoop!

Paul

What do you guys use for socks when your riding with over the pants boots? I'm concerned about the boot wearing into my leg. With in the boot pants, this isn't an issue.

What do you guys use for socks when your riding with over the pants boots? I'm concerned about the boot wearing into my leg. With in the boot pants, this isn't an issue.

I go to a sport store, like big 5 and get a pair of long baseball or soccer socks... only a couple bucks...

if i dont wear long socks when I got on the over boot pants or the shorts, then the back of my upper calf gets rubbed to death,,.. :applause:

i have both, i wear MSR over the boot pants in the summer because the legs zip off.

Please don't tell me you wear them as shorts when you ride.......

I've been considering over the boot pants also. But My boots take a beating sometimes and I wonder if the pants wouldn't get torn up and trashed?

Is this not a problem with you guys that have 'em?