Sign in to follow this  

Sears Cycle Jack On Sale ---- $59

IMO..... wait until the atv/motorcycle Craftsman professional jack goes on sale...... better features and riser attachment comes with it

dont waste your time...

read the reviews.

Hmmmmmm? I did a quick search on Sears jack stand and then skimmed through the results looking for feedback on the Sears motorcycle jack. My unscientific skimming yielded 36 positive statements about the Sears jack in question, 2 neutral and only one semi-negative. Maybe if I dig further...nahhhh, not worth the time.

I switch my wheels back and forth almost every week (street/dirt). I bought this stand to speed up the process. This stand is more than sturdy enough for this task. I store my DRZ on top of this jack too. Heck, some of the reviews talk about guys storing their Harleys and Goldwings on it. If they use this stand for their $20,000 ride, it can't be that bad.

Is it the perfect jack - heck no, what do you expect for $59. However, once you: 1) figure out the sweet spot on the underside of the stock DRZ (the jack needs to be in front of the cushion lever of the rear shock) and 2) always remember to set the lock, you will be fine.

I like the stand - it works for what I use it for, I saw it at a good price and thought I would help my fellow TTers out.

Have had mine for about six months. No problems so far.

jack.jpg

Have used it to change the tires on my 900 pound Goldwing, my brother-in-law's Goldwing, and a number of times on the motard. Totally worth the money.

WGW

No Gold Wing, but this forty-something Pep Boys version (probably crappier than the Sears) made sending the suspension out easy. The jack stand is just keeping the swingarm from laying on the ground. I did make a jig for the FZ1 so it would rest on the frame tubes and not the exhaust collector...

IMG_0308.JPG

Use it on the DRZ every day. Had the suspension off front and rear for upgrades a few weeks ago :applause: Oh yeah... the cardboard on the brake lever...

IMG_0309.JPG

:applause:

I have the stand and its great, lifts my DRZ like its nothing, along with my wife's Honda and my Harley.

For $59 you are getting a good jack. The reviews are somewhat true, yes it is slow to lower, but for $59 you can just step on it to help it along.

If you don't have one and you want a stable strong jack, you would be crazy not to take advantage of it.

I bit the bullet today and ordered one of these. Almost half the weight of the less expensive one (90 vs 40 lbs), twice the weight/load ability (750 vs 1500 lbs) and a little fancier and less complaints. Hopefully it will be the only one I have to buy and the lack of frustration during its' life will make it worth it.

No Gold Wing, but this forty-something Pep Boys version (probably crappier than the Sears) made sending the suspension out easy. The jack stand is just keeping the swingarm from laying on the ground. I did make a jig for the FZ1 so it would rest on the frame tubes and not the exhaust collector...

IMG_0308.JPG

Use it on the DRZ every day. Had the suspension off front and rear for upgrades a few weeks ago :applause: Oh yeah... the cardboard on the brake lever...

IMG_0309.JPG

:applause:

I just bought this jack from Pep Boys today. I doesn't lift both wheels off the ground at full up. One tire touches to get the other to clear. Weird. I guess I'll have to add some kind of spacers to the thing to make it taller. I'm a little disappointed, but it's $49.00 after a mail in rebate, so I shouldn't complain...

Have any of you guys seen or tried these? I have several friends who use them and they seam to be great for bikes. They are on sale at Northern Tool for $129.00http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200054674_200054674