Sign in to follow this  

My first DR650 and loving it!

Congrats DR6fifty ! I picked my brand new DR650 today. I got the black one. It started raining while I was driving it home so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see what she runs like. I have a KLR650 and I have always wanted to know how the KLR compares to the DR650 . I have read this site and others about DR650 vs KLR650 and now I will find out first hand. I put 8 whole miles on it driving it home and I can already tell that it feels much lighter and the brakes are much, much better. The turn kill switch is better on the DR650 and the seat did not bother me that much because my back side was still used to the DRZ seat. I can't wait to put some miles on it and see what it will do. I think I will be real happy !

Randy C

My newest toy 2006 DR650 with 875 miles for $3600....(big:applause: )

+xo-9JEAvH2-SM6WbOGKDGuULqBmtdOy0300.jpg

yhb9gsZb0Be-DGRX-5ytS3JsC+JLqLMu0300.jpg

5EHoVXZFhmxlCxYPXb99THFd19Jmm9OM0300.jpg

Congrats on the new bike DR6fifty! Man, an 06 with only 875 miles for $3600? The pipe and the Pro taper set-up came with it? What a bargain! Tons of great information here on the DR forum for your bike. Enjoy! :applause:

congrats.....a little over a week ago I picked a brand new 07.black....alrady have 330 miles on it. The seat is like a 2x4...other than that I am liking it!!!

Ride safe!

What type of pipe is that. The bike looks awesome.

It looks like a D&D system but their web site does not list the DR650 as a model they make a pipe for? You don't think one of them thar shade tree mechanics shoe-horned it on there do ya? :applause:

I actually did the pipe and bars...I had the mid pipe from a buddy and bought a canister from the local shop it was a take off from a wrecked zx6. Thanks and congrats to all of you guys who just got a new bike.

Thanks again C Blank

bought a canister from the local shop it was a take off from a wrecked zx6.

Thanks again C Blank

I knew it! A shoe horner! :applause: Gotta love those kinda people. :applause:

Im in MD also, lets do some ridin! Im in Reisterstown, I have a tag on my bike, I also have a box truck (cube van) for bike transportation. Hit me back. :applause:

Nice bike i got an Australian 2007 model a week ago we don't get the black model so mine looks identical to yours bar the seat. i hate being a year behind every1 else

Ahhhhhhh, You got the Blue one! They are a tad bit faster you know.

I haven't heard about the black ones but they look quicker than my Blue !

2006_0521_181049AA.jpg

Yeah...got mine today, 2007 black, and its CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90 km in 2nd gear? Insane!...that bike is really amazing i love it!!

The D607 tires are really doing a good job and they give a nice look to the bike too.

Ill try to install my TwoBros exhaust later on today....

Keep on riding!

2.jpg

Wonderful bikes. I've put 8k km on my bike since I got it and I'm now sold on dual sports as the best of everything. Waiting on IMS tank (black), black side panels, Suzuki Accessory rear rack, and a dynojet kit. Beyond that, I think I'll be happy to ride it into the ground over the next 10-15 years.

Picture003-1.jpg