Sign in to follow this  

Bent radiator, what to do?

I recently noticed my radiator on the left (facing the bike) has been pushed-in during the mayhem along the way. The bike seems to run fine, since I have tortured it on several rides since the incident that I was not aware of. Should I replace it or keep rockin it? It is pushed in about an inch in the center leaving the outer side curved. (bowed inward in the center)

You can leave it be, attempt to straighten it yourself with the ensuing risk of breaking it, take it to a GOOD radiator shop and have them fix it, or buy a new/used one. Many choices. If you leave it be and it takes another hiit, that may be the one that breaks the proverbable camels back. Only you can decide the best course of action.

As long as it's not leaking and the bike's not overheating from restricted flow I'd leave it alone. Trying to straighten it yourself, or having a shop straighten it, could result in it breaking. Which would require fixing it or replacing it. Do you have rad guards on it? If so and they bent you'll face the same thing with them.

I would leave it alone and save for a replacement. Bending it back is probably a bad idea.

Thanks for the replies, this site is awesome! I did not have guards on, if I did they would have protocted it for sure. I am going to look into geting a new rad an guards.:applause: