No Legal Route to Randsburg

&%$#@!??? Where did all of the "no OHV" signs come from around Randsburg?? Also, the "No OHV's on paved roads" signs? I could not find a legal way to get from Randsburg to Joburg for a fill up without going through Red Mountain. If I didn't know better, I'd say Randsburg doesn't want dirt bikers anymore.

Jimbo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of Randsburg does not want bikers. The food and drink establishments are fighting to keep us coming, but it's an uphill battle against the rest of the town. If we want to keep going into town for that burger & fries, we have to regulate ourselves and stay on the poorly posted routes into Randsburg. Poorly behaved riders, And there are some, are going to get it closed for the rest of us. As I understand it, we are on thin ice.

There are TWO routes into ...and out of Randsburg

If we cannot figure out R110 and R10, We will lose access to town.

We DO have Access on the pavement from the end of R110

to the FOJ parking lot...and then to R10 by the church

The trails you see with 'No OHV Access to Randsburg"

They mean just that, you need to figure out the two legal routes

or risk getting a big fat ticket.

To the comment that "most of Randsburg does not want bikers"

That is simply not true,Or we would already be outta there. I have personally have spoken with many

people there...Randsburg IS a tourist town, Yes they want us there,

they just dont want the Pit Racers with the loud pipes.

WE just marked a New trail over to Joberg From R10

where R10 splits off towards Cal City almost to Red Mountain..

Follow the blue fiberglass signs to Joburg.... simple, its a very cool trail!

Another way to Joburg, Take R110 north to R44, across 395 and

around the gasline road area..Just follow the Blue signs, It took

a lot of work to put them there, please use them!

Wayne Nosala

CORVA.org

Friends of Jawbone

wayne . . i bet u were in randsburg on sunday the 18th of pres. weekend. I saw the corva table and all that. i should have said hello to the corva folks but my group had their own agenda. Man we were by silver saddle and not to far from randsburg road but we took randsburg all the way there, my first time too after 4 years of never gettin to go due to difficulties with my ride and what not. stayed to the side of the road, rode on dirt till we hit the sheriff checkpoint no problems. had no tags but my bike was 3 weeks old at the time. the only other way i know how to get to randsburg is by going past the fence-line around this huge insane hill called "billygoat" or whatever. Anyway after goin around the hill and gettin to flat whoop sections on the backside of the mountian, this idiot we were with had a bright idea of riding forth gear around the pack. Well needless to say he went off trail, ate shit, broke his femur . . .in two, and had to get airlifted to bako. that was the end of the ride for us never makin it to randsburg. I liked the town it was nice, just too crowded for me. I'd rather go on an off weekend and have a good lunch and a beer without the crowd.:applause:

Wayne, I don't know if you get any thanks for all the volunteering you do for our sport, but I want to give you a big thanks and appreciation from me and my group for all you do. :applause:

I will not go into Randsburg on a busy weekend. I feel I'm going to get myself into legal troubles when I want to take my helmet and beat the shit out of the idiots who feel everyone wants to see them ride a wheely down main street. The last guy was on a quad go figure.

I grew up in Joburg. Back in the day we had respect for our neighbors. Two weekends ago I was in Randsburg and saw people wheelie'ing in front of the general store. Reving bikes and causing a comotion. It pissed me off too!

Wow. I hope you had a really nice desert bike. That would be the only way I could grow up in Joburg.

Speaking of Joburg.... I was chatting it up with the gas attendant at the Texaco in Joburg. He said the town got really upset at ohv riders (whether it was quads or bikes I don't know or care) when they caught a couple of idiots ripping around and through the local cemetary.:applause:

The trails you see with 'No OHV Access to Randsburg"

They mean just that, you need to figure out the two legal routes

or risk getting a big fat ticket.

To the comment that "most of Randsburg does not want bikers"

That is simply not true,Or we would already be outta there. I have personally have spoken with many

people there...Randsburg IS a tourist town, Yes they want us there,

they just dont want the Pit Racers with the loud pipes.

WE just marked a New trail over to Joberg From R10

where R10 splits off towards Cal City almost to Red Mountain..

Follow the blue fiberglass signs to Joburg.... simple, its a very cool trail!

Another way to Joburg, Take R110 north to R44, across 395 and

around the gasline road area..Just follow the Blue signs, It took

a lot of work to put them there, please use them!

Wayne Nosala

CORVA.org

Friends of Jawbone

Wayne,

I have lived in Ridgecrest for about 4 years. We always rode to Randsburg via the high tension power lines that run up along side the disposal area.

As we approached Randsburg yesterday, we got hit with the "no legal access to randsburg" signs. Once we were in town, we asked several bikers and locals if they knew if there was a new legal way to get to Joburg. No one knew. We looked on the big "friends of jawbone" bulletin board at the OHV parking area, but there was no directions.

I think there are a few idiots that go to Randsburg. But the majority of bikers want to follow the rules. I think a small map posted in the OHV parking lot would help a lot for those of us who really want to follow the rules.

Oh... BTW... which paved roads are OK and which are not?? This is getting to be confusing to the point that I don't even want to go to Randsburg any more.

Jimbo

How would we know this? The only signs I saw were "NO OHV's ON PAVED ROAD" I'm afraid that this is a situation where we just change the rules on the fly to fit the convenience of the guy writting tickets.

Jimbo

The legal way's into and out of Randsburg are clearly marked.....shitty, but clearly marked.

If the burger/chili/chips/cold bud light at the general store were not so awesome I would NEVER go to randsburg.

BTW_ I think it's time for a plated bike......LOL.

Like I said, I almost ready to give up. :applause:

I have spent way too much time trying to educate folks

on how to get in and out of that town. I have been Yelled at

Bitched at by everyone involved. From people complaining

about the dirt road conditions on R110/R10...to people who drive over

from Johannesburg/Red Mountain and yell at me because people

are racing through their neighborhoods.

I have spent many many of my holidays volunteering

up there directing traffic,...I explain to people "Please Do Not

exit the town by riding by the jail and over to the dump or 395"

Some put their hemets on leave their brains in the dirt parking lot...

and do exactly what I asked them not to do.

Enjoy the town why we can, once they close down OHV access, it will

turn back into a real ghost town and everyone will be happy.

Jimbo, The direction I suggest you take, When you see the "NO Acces"

signs on the power line road you discribed, Make a right turn, you should be

on R44, less than a mile it crosses a paved road and turns into R110

head south on R110 and it will take you the the legal paved acces into Randsburg, Yes it is a crappy route, but its what we have.

If you have a problem with that route, I suggest calling supervisor McQuiston he

is in your district, He will tell you exactly what i have been saying "We are very

lucky to have the access we currently have to Randsburg"

Wayne

Kudos to you and your efforts Wayne, What WILL you do to take your free time when the place gets shut down?? (Yes Im joking, I know you have plenty of things to do in your free time)

Maybe when access goes away and you wont have to spend your holiday weekends up there you can join me for a ride(I promise we will go where there are no crowds)!!!

Hi Wayne, Sorry I missed you last weekend. I had bike trouble and had to leave Sunday morning. Now to the matter at hand. I only come from the CalCity side to Randsburg and it is clearly marked. I also see the "Stay on Marked Trails Only" signs. Even with that every time I have been to Randsburg I see people riding on the paved road between R-burg and J-burg, non-plated. I have seen quads riding down 395 near Red Mountain. Some folk just don't get it.:applause: