2007 450 X street legal

Any sugestions out there for a lighting kit and or kit to make the bike street legal...

Go to "dual sport" fourm, and you will get tons of info.

It can be done, it will not be easy, and it will not be permanent, unless you know someone who will approve the vehicle for 'on-road epa compliance'.

I am currently going throught the process of finding a lighting kit that is truly complete, quality, and will pass the lighting inspection. I don't care for the large Baja Designs or Dakar kits that are ready made, and am trying the CDS stuff, so far with mixed results.

Good luck.

Go to "dual sport" fourm, and you will get tons of info.

It can be done, it will not be easy, and it will not be permanent, unless you know someone who will approve the vehicle for 'on-road epa compliance'.

I am currently going throught the process of finding a lighting kit that is truly complete, quality, and will pass the lighting inspection. I don't care for the large Baja Designs or Dakar kits that are ready made, and am trying the CDS stuff, so far with mixed results.

Good luck.

He's in Arizona, should be real easy.

Just walk into DMV and walk out with your plate. They don't even need to see the bike. I did mine recently and was amazed. I just moved here from California where you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting your bike plated.

In Arizona it's easy like they say, motor vehicles will give you the plate BUT if you get stopped by the police its YOUR problem to have your bike right. You need: headlight, taillight/brake light(baja is my choice), horn and 1 mirror. Go to target and get a mirror and a squeeze horn for a kids bike and your good to go. Oh insurance is needed if you hit the street.

OMG, some funny shit, thanks for al your sugestions. I think I will just get a rear view mirror, and run from the police, they will never catch me. thanks again...

Now that's funny. We see it all the time in CA where guys think they can out run them. You better have a real good get away plan if your going to try it these days. I wouldn't want to see bubba in jail get ahold of you if you don't get away.

Years ago when I was much younger (30+ years), me and the O'Neil (O'Neil racing) kid out ran some cops. We were both on very small bikes and found a street that was a dead end to cars, but it had stairs at the end of it down to the next street below. Down the stairs and we were goneeeee. It was our lucky day. I would never do that again.

Now that's funny. We see it all the time in CA where guys think they can out run them. You better have a real good get away plan if your going to try it these days. I wouldn't want to see bubba in jail get ahold of you if you don't get away.

Years ago when I was much younger (30+ years), me and the O'Neil (O'Neil racing) kid out ran some cops. We were both on very small bikes and found a street that was a dead end to cars, but it had stairs at the end of it down to the next street below. Down the stairs and we were goneeeee. It was our lucky day. I would never do that again.

Grew up in the SFV?I thought you were the wild oldman,you were also the wild young man too

Grew up in the SFV?I thought you were the wild oldman,you were also the wild young man too

Yep the SFV. All I can say is I'm lucky I'm still alive after those younger years. The dump crap you did as a kid. I wish I had some pictures of my toyota 4X4 from back then. We were up 4x4ing in the hills one night and after a few cold ones I thought the truck could fly. 4 of us in the front seat and we hit a motorcycle jump in it doing about 30 mph. Man the truck was meesed up after that, and I broke the back of one of the girls in the front seat. Like I said, some of the dumb crap you do as a kid, and also with cold ones in you.

Old-Man is not even close to being wild these days. Old, fat, and with a great family. So those days are gone for good.

Hell, where I grew up, we PLANNED escape routes specifical for evasion. With all the hills, canyons, and narrow trails, we would evade on a daily basis. We would even stop at the top of the down hill once every three laps on our favorite track to scan the sky for helicopters. See one? Go sit under a tree till it passes. Urban MX baby!

"stick to topic" police is reading... :applause:

Hey... didn't we hash out the "license plate" thing a bazillion times already?!

Here's the down low;

Plate the bike (because DMV still may allow it in some cities), and run the risk of having it revoked. Enjoy it while you can.

Simple, and straight forward. No if's and's or butt's.