Sign in to follow this  

question for uk people

hello guys a freind of mine wants to buy an sm but doesnt want to take his full bike test etc..... he thinks he can ride a 33bhp bike on L plates having done his cbt, is he mistaken? he said all he needs is proof its 33bhp?

any help guys as i dont want him getting himself in trouble.

cheers

headster is your man on this.

That is what he has done, but you need to use the Suzuki restrictor, it is just a carb top

that stops the slide fully opening, you get them from Suzuki, and they need to be

fitted by an approved shop.

When you get it home, cut the 3x3, fir jet kit and re-fit the original carb top.

You then just carry the certificate that says "this bike is restricted", job done.

If you search on the net, you will find a list of 33-hp bikes, Oh and it is 33 crankshaft hp, not rear wheel.

Neil. :applause: :applause: :lol:

if he does uncork the bike after the 33bhp mod then just keep in mind that if the

worst happens and he has a big crash then there is a chance that the insurance

inspectors could discover this and void any claims:cry: don't get me wrong i'm no angel but it's just something to think about

To answer the actual question.

No he cannot ride a 33bhp bike on a CBT the "L"oser plates on :p

He'll need to take his full test like i did.

As i took it before i'm 21 it means i'm restricted to 33bhp for 2 years from the time i take my test. 2 years from that date i can ride anything i want with no further tests!:applause:

As for the restrictor, when i bought my SM, i got suzuki (stealership) to fit the restrictor (i can give ya the part number). it was £20.

As Neil said it is just the carb top. Takes 2 minutes to replace, then you have a full power (which is 33bhp anyway) SM.

As for the insurance claim, i work for an insurance company in the "theft and total loss dept." so i know my way through it.

If the accident isn't your fault you have no worries, their insurance just want to get rid of you, so they do what they have to, They are at fault.

If its your fault, i suggest getting your bike home and into the garage for sum quick changes back to standard! :applause:

My bike can go back in and hour or so.:lol:

Oh and 1 last thing my insurance never even asked about the 33bhp thing. So as far as they know i'm fully powered!:cry:

Hope this helps. And tell your friend to do his test! its soo worth it! :cry::eek::p

yeah i will headster matey..... ill drag him there myself if i have to. he is typical of what i was like at his age. because hes been riding since he was about 5 he thinks he shouldnt have to have a licence. hes a pillock i know but hes a mate so ill convince him.

Hahah lol.

Just because he CAN ride, doesnt mean he can ride how they want him to.

The test is such BS:thumbsdn: I had 3 lessons before i passed, I suggest he has a few, even if he thinks he good enough. Always an observation to brush up on!:applause: