Sign in to follow this  

Big bore 250f or 450?

Right now i have a CRF250 and i am considering putting a big bore kit on it for more power. It doesnt really seem like it has enough for me to be competitive on. I was also thinking about selling it and getting a 450 for more power instead. My question is-is a big bore kit worth it-or would i be better off with the 450?:applause:

If you have the funds, go with the 450. Instead of modding the 250's motor and asking it to more than it was designed to do, the 450 will provide you with the extra h.p. you're craving and never cause you concern.

450s are not that expensive compared to 250f really, you have to ask yourself how much power are you really going to gain to make it worth it. i say go with the 450

If you have the funds, go with the 450. Instead of modding the 250's motor and asking it to more than it was designed to do, the 450 will provide you with the extra h.p. you're craving and never cause you concern.

my thoughts exactly:thumbsup:

im just worried the 450 will have too much of feel too heavy....

if you handle the 250f fine, then the 450 will be easy, they only weigh like 20 more pounds i believe when you are going slow you will fell it a little bit, but the torque will make up for the weight when you are moving, go for it