Sign in to follow this  

Northeast Harescrambles Series ???

Anyone in NJ going to try the Series? It's at the Dutchmen and Evansville 12 race series.

I plan on racing the Northeast Harescramble Series. I live about 10 minutes from Evansville and 30 from DMX. I haven't been at Evansville in about 10 years. I read somewhere that the track is about 7 miles long and includes the motocross track. I'm not really sure what kind of terrain it is though. Hopefully they will use barcodes like DMX. I will be racing in the Vet 201-open class because I got bumped out of C. Hopefully it will be a good time with some good competion.

no, but i will be doing the pa state series. why do all those fill races for an ugly blue jacket? plus, if you miss 2 races(by memory) your out of the running, f that.

plus, its all the same riding, what fun is that? diff tracks and diff competition is what makes it fun, at least to me

Well, i never did a hare scrambles and was hoping someone could fill me in on it. I'm 47 and ride a 250 so i don't know if i should go B senior, or C open. There ins't a C senior and i dont know if i start in one class do i have to stick with it for the season as far as points go. I'm figuring the smaller of the 2 classes will give me a better chance, and because its only 2 tracks i may be able to do better as a first timer. any suggestions?

i will probably hit up one of th PA series races before my main series starts - lets me know where I am (shape wise and bike handling wise - in race conditions).

Well, i never did a hare scrambles and was hoping someone could fill me in on it. I'm 47 and ride a 250 so i don't know if i should go B senior, or C open. There ins't a C senior and i dont know if i start in one class do i have to stick with it for the season as far as points go. I'm figuring the smaller of the 2 classes will give me a better chance, and because its only 2 tracks i may be able to do better as a first timer. any suggestions?

Well, it's hard to say, but I'll give my input.

At 47, I would go senior. There are some fast guys in senior I'm sure, so be prepared. At least your racing against people your age, even if you are a first timer. ANd you'll learn from watching people who have probally been doing it quite a while.

In open c at dutchmen, its not unheard of to get 40-45 riders in that class. Its a mix bunch, from younger kids, young adults, older adults, etc. Also in the mix is the cherry pickers who should be racing at least open b or a class, and race c to get trophys. I dont know how fun it would be to run in open c for you, some of these kids dont even wear camel packs! Youth..........

As for the only two tracks, and doing better, not sure about that. There seems to be a group of mx guys who race the dutchmen hare scramlbes and do well, but really dont go to the other hare scramlbes due to the other course difficulty level. This is just my expierience.

You can switch up from what I remember, but you cant go back down once you do.

I still say go for the pa state series if you want to race. The first race is at dutchmen I think.

no, but i will be doing the pa state series. why do all those fill races for an ugly blue jacket? plus, if you miss 2 races(by memory) your out of the running, f that.

plus, its all the same riding, what fun is that? diff tracks and diff competition is what makes it fun, at least to me

I'm with ya. With the GNCCs, D6, PA State and the AGP. It's kind of hard to run 10 of 12 for the Northeast series.

I didn't know DMX was using barcode system this season. What's the scoop?

GaryC....I'm the same age..I do the senior B only because there are fewer racers and they are guys our own age. I don't try to win anything, just finish the race and hopefully do more laps than I did last race. To me, it's the fun factor and challange to myself and be part of the sport and race community. No matter where you go there are sandbaggers and it urks everyone, but they are only deluding themselves. They may as well just go buy throphies for themselfs! If you have skill you will throphy, that's bottom line....and a little luck doesn't hurt either. I may only be a beginner to racing at my age, but I at least want to run with older wiser guys my age because if they can do it, so can I. JMO.