Sign in to follow this  

big bore 250f or 450

I figured i would post this here to get some input from the 450 guys....Right now i have a CRF250 and i am considering putting a big bore kit on it for more power. It doesnt really seem like it has enough for me to be competitive on. I was also thinking about selling it and getting a 450 for more power instead. My question is-is a big bore kit worth it--or would i be better off with the 450?

Here's how I look at it... I'm no where near fast enough to run pro, but the big boys run 250cc 4-strokes, not 288s, etc. Therefore to me (IMO) running anything bigger just ain't right. That being said, you'll loose some fun factor going to the 450 from a 250F. I've had both and know the plusses and minuses. I opted to run w/ the 450 this time simply because of the power. The 450 rules in the whoops and sand sections. While I can make time up on a 250F in the turns, I still don't like the lack of power in those areas. That's basically why I went 450 this time.

what im afraid of is the 450 being too heavy or too powerfull....so im up in the air

It's all in your ability to control the bike. Nobody can do that for you.