Upstate NY motocross buddies???

Hi guys,

A bit about myself.... My name is Mike. I got out of the military in september, and moved back to upstate NY (Saratoga area). I kind of put the cart before the horse, in the fact that I bought a new bike before a p/u truck. I bought an 07 rmz250. I rented a truck one weekend, and went to mototown but that is a very expensive affair. Being a family guy with a wife, and 2 children under 2 1/2 years old, I can afford trips like that. Does anybody in my area make any trips south at all? This winter business is killing me, I need to get out and moto. So, if anybody wants to travel down south somewhere, I'd definitely be game to split gas etc.... :applause:

I think the Syracuse track is a little further than Mototown. Once the snow clears there is a track called Twister Valley that has open practice every Tuesday night from 4 till dark for twenty dollars. Its off of exit 29 on the thruway. Otherwise there is Hickory Hill in Granville. They have some open practice and racing a little later in the year. As for private tracks, if you know of any your lucky. We really don't have anywhere to ride. I like Mototown too, but like you said it can be expensive. I'm going to try Rocky Hill in CT. It's a little over two hours away but at least it's open every weekend and only about thirty dollars. http://www.ctmotocross.com/

Mike

I think the Syracuse track is a little further than Mototown. Once the snow clears there is a track called Twister Valley that has open practice every Tuesday night from 4 till dark for twenty dollars. Its off of exit 29 on the thruway. Otherwise there is Hickory Hill in Granville. They have some open practice and racing a little later in the year. As for private tracks, if you know of any your lucky. We really don't have anywhere to ride. I like Mototown too, but like you said it can be expensive. I'm going to try Rocky Hill in CT. It's a little over two hours away but at least it's open every weekend and only about thirty dollars. http://www.ctmotocross.com/

Mike

Where do you live Mike? I'm near Ballston Spa.....

eagle bridge only about 1/2 hour from you, mint tracks too!

Eagle Bridge is a rip off. The guy never grooms the upper track, it's all wash outs and shale. I would rather drive two hours to Rocky Hill than twenty minutes to Eagle Bridge.

Hey Guys,

I'm just outside of Albany, near Averill Park and am always up for a ride as well. I've been to EBMX a few times and everytime it was hard - fun to ride, but once I went to Walden, I was hooked!!!

I will be hitting Walden a few times throughout the year and would welcome others to join me.

I'm 35, just started in dirt a few years back and am slow, so if you don't mind an old fart thats slow - let me know and we'll ride.

I would like to hit the place and Syracuse and I know Chris (another guy I rode with from here) would go as well. I just heard on another place close by me, that the cops were running people off before, but its back again and it doesn't seem to be trouble YET anyway. The cops were just telling people to leave - nothing else. There is also a track at exit 10 that is all sand - just no parking, but if someone would drop us off and pick us up that would be great.

Where do you supermoto??? Would love to do that - I spent a lot of time on the road before going to dirt.

It is Exit 10 on the northway

I will be at as many Walden OP's as I can get too - mostly Sat. though, I have this thing that gets in the way called work.