Sign in to follow this  

Norfolk, VA riding areas?

Hey guys, I might be sent to Norfolk when my next set of orders come in and will be spending at least three years there. I was wondering if there were any good riding areas (trails) or tracks around?

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks. :applause:

there is morgans corner (mx), slades (trails) and elizabeth city mx. thats it for legal close places. now if you are willing to drive some there are alot of options. I was stationed at oceana for 4 years and its better than pax river. very few tracks is better than no tracks.

A set of orders huh? I'm guessing you are Air Force. Anyways when you get those long weekends WV has the Hatfield and McCoy trails. http://www.trailsheaven.com/

No Air Force base in Norfolk, it's in Hampton.

I would 'assume' Navy.

i live right in norfolk and im in the navy, ride morgans corner pretty much everyweekend, thats pretty much as local as ya get and its about 45 min away, def worth the drive, slades is ok if trails are your style, there is the place by the airport but thats pretty small and not really much to do.....check out the thread we have for virginia/nc

It really all depends on what you really like. As far as trails, there is not too much. Slades, and maybe join TDR, which is tidewater dirt riders. They have land in Ivor, and in, hmmm, somewhere else, but really cant remember. Also, if you wish to drive there is Lynchburg trails, which is part of George washington memorial. Its pretty fun. Plus, like others said, WVa. hatfield and Mccoys. And thats pretty much about it.

Tracks. Clostest one, and yes I said one, unless you know people. :applause: And Elezibeth city, but really only hold sanctioned races. There is Lake Gaston, 2 hours, North Carolina motosports park 2 hours, And of course Budds, about 3 1/2 from Norfolk. But also, all the D 13 tracks, are realatively close, Birch Creek, by far the farthest, 5 hours. VMP, 2 hours, South Fork, 1 1/2, Lake Sugar Tree 4 hours. And plenty more. Just get in with the right people.

where can I get some more information about the lynchburg trails? Thats Lynchburg VA right? Thanks