Sign in to follow this  

Tc-vs-TC Offset measurement?????

Trying to recall what the offset is on the TE versus the TC.

Specifically, the 2005 Bikes with the 45mm Forks.

If memory serves they are 2mm different with the TE having less.

Anyone, Anyone.......Bueller, Bueller.............

These are for the 2006 - 2007 bikes :

TE 15mm

TC 18mm

SMR 25mm

Wow. so these offset's were through the triples i would imagine , or where the stem connects to the frame.. ? this is interesting especially for the supermoto racers out there that want a different offset than stock..

Are you talking about the Tripple clamps? Like in the rake of the front end? I did not know there was a difference between the TC and TE like that. So this means I could get my TC 250 to turn tighter in the twisties if I put a TE tripple clamps. Very interesting.

Are you talking about the Tripple clamps? Like in the rake of the front end? I did not know there was a difference between the TC and TE like that. So this means I could get my TC 250 to turn tighter in the twisties if I put a TE tripple clamps. Very interesting.

Not the RAKE, the OFFSET...............

Rake= Angle of the Steering Stem and Steering head, usually the same unless you are try to cheat a "Production Bike" rule and run funky bearings.

Offset= Measurement from Steering Stem centerline to Fork Centerline.

Yes, turning MAY be able to be improved......I'll fill you all in later this week.

01-07 TE250 - 01-05 TE 450

185mm spacing

15mm offset

01-07 TC250 (and pretty sure 04-05 TC450)

185mm spacing

19mm offset

06-07 TE/TC 450-510

200mm spacing

18mm offset

CB - you or Jen notice any difference in handling between the 18 & 19mm offsets?

Thanks a bunch cowboyBob. Now i know why my TC450 rails on the MX track. I was told the stock offset of the supermotos are 24mm .. lots of room for improvement. perhaps that's why the Husky supermoto racers in Europe like the 15mm offset triples for they have tried the TE triples on them.. interesting.. very good info to have indeed :applause:

CB - you or Jen notice any difference in handling between the 18 & 19mm offsets?

No, not really.

Not the RAKE, the OFFSET...............

Rake= Angle of the Steering Stem and Steering head, usually the same unless you are try to cheat a "Production Bike" rule and run funky bearings.

Offset= Measurement from Steering Stem centerline to Fork Centerline.

Yes, turning MAY be able to be improved......I'll fill you all in later this week.

Is Offset to fork centerline or Wheel Hub Centerline? I am researching offset change relative to the TE-610 and it seems it has a Trail of 3.9 where as most other Husky's are 4.5

The SM-610 for a comparison has a Trail of 2.7

Looking at the 610 Fork it seems to have an 1" Offset Stem to Fork, but the Hub is also Offset another 1.5".

I am trying to figure out what a 5mm additional offset will do to handling and using this calculater is looks like trail will be reduced to around 3.6" and change in the wrong direction from what I am beginning to understand...

Dan

More offset = less trail : quicker steering but less stable handling

Less offset = more trail : steers slower but more stable.

Most dirt guys have this wrong, don't believe otherwise.

Cheers,

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

all of you would be surprised on how much offsets you can get away with. PM me in a week or two, then I might be a distributor of a well known triple clamp company that has done extensive research on husqvarnas for supermoto and dirt..