Sign in to follow this  

giving my bike a makeover

im giving my 2005 yz250f makeover. the paint has been rubbed off a lot on the frame from my boots and i live near the ocean so the rust is hard to keep away. im going to get my frame powder coated and while im at it all new plastics. i want to ask what color you think i should paint my frame and what color plastics i should get.

im thinking silver frame (for the poser aluminum frame look) or black.

and for the plastics, all white, yellow or black and white. anybody got pics of their custom color rides, post em. :applause:

You should get Yellow fenders and yellow radiator shrouds. And a black tank, side panels (side number plates), black front number plate, and lower fork guards. You just gotta match everything together. Top it all off with a black frame.

ohhhh that sounds cool. i just saw one on here like that, it looked pretty B.A.

You should get Yellow fenders and yellow radiator shrouds. And a black tank, side panels (side number plates), black front number plate, and lower fork guards. You just gotta match everything together. Top it all off with a black frame.

get that...or you could get an aluminum framed beast! :applause:

Naw, go pink. Nobody does pink, dare to be different. :applause:

who makes punk, i mean pink plastics for the yz?

i dont think day old honda plastics will fit :applause: (don't flame me im just havin a lil fun)

Ya know, I have no clue haha. Could probably get some custom made somewhere, either that or buy white ones and dye them pink haha.

Funny Honda crack too. :applause:

Black frame, White plastics, any of the MDK graphics, Black number plates? or just stick with white, All black or white seat cover, black gas tank, black fork guards, wave rotars.

Thats all I could think of.

:applause:

who makes punk, i mean pink plastics for the yz?

i dont think day old honda plastics will fit :applause: (don't flame me im just havin a lil fun)

:lol:

I remember reading posts from other TTrs who had their frames powder coated and all the problems they had trying to get rid of the powder coating from the inside of the frame. Specifically, the powder coating got inside the oil frame oil tank, even though it was sealed and taped. Couple of YZF owners engines sucked in the powder coating material and ruined their engine.

ive powdercoated frames before and never had a problem like that. i have asanta cruz mountain bikes powder coat them. we always used rubber plugs to seal all the holes and they have all kinds of cool drill thingys to face the surfaces that are not supposed to have paint on them. besides i doubt a little peice of paint would ruin a motor. the tranny would turn it into nothing and if it made it to the cam same thing would happen. (sure its possible, just not likely) plus i tend to ignore the "i heard this one guy on the internet had a problem" warnings.

i ordered my black and blue plastics today. its going to look alot like jaycycles bike (sorry for copying but it looks sooooooo good.) plus im the oppisite side of the country. i also ordered all kinds of lightspeed carbon fiber crap :drool: and rad braces and a skidplate. $500 later by bike is just waiting for UPS so bring it some new toys.

• Like 1

I had an 89 YZ125 at one point that I put a day glow orange seat cover on from Ceet, with the white bikes of that time it looked really cool and I got more comments on that seat cover than any other bike I owned.

Definately go with something very different. Make it "your" bike. Look in my garage at the YZ125 I posted there (havent gotten around to posting my 250Fs) but look at the god awful graphics kit. It's ugly as hell but hey, no one else has one like it :applause:

ive powdercoated frames before and never had a problem like that. i have asanta cruz mountain bikes powder coat them. we always used rubber plugs to seal all the holes and they have all kinds of cool drill thingys to face the surfaces that are not supposed to have paint on them. besides i doubt a little peice of paint would ruin a motor. the tranny would turn it into nothing and if it made it to the cam same thing would happen. (sure its possible, just not likely) plus i tend to ignore the "i heard this one guy on the internet had a problem" warnings.

i ordered my black and blue plastics today. its going to look alot like jaycycles bike (sorry for copying but it looks sooooooo good.) plus im the oppisite side of the country. i also ordered all kinds of lightspeed carbon fiber crap :drool: and rad braces and a skidplate. $500 later by bike is just waiting for UPS so bring it some new toys.

Hahaha thanks man thats fine, I'm faltered. :applause: Sounds like its going to look wicked, post up when goods arrive.

rootuser, sorry but those graphics are awesome!! it looks like some high school kid ditched class and did some sweet graffiti work on your bike. 10/10

and ill post pics when im all done.

so i rode today. it was super muddy and i was freezing, i had a great time! :applause: and i took my bike to the do it yourself carwash and cleaned the shit out of it. im going to start the process today.

here is the manditory before shot.

IMG_0240.jpg

here is the loaded into the truck shot on the way to the powder coater:

IMG_0243.jpg

and now i just have to wait. im going to paint it day glow pink. actually just black.

and now i just have to wait. im going to paint it day glow pink. actually just black.

:lol:

You tore it down pretty darn quick if you rode, cleaned, and dissembled all in the same day. :applause:

Keep us up to date. :applause:

clarke makes them. $150 on ebay. :applause:

im a mechanic, so its almost fun to take stuff apart. (bicycle mechanic)

cool, here it is. i got it back this morning and by 3pm i was riding in circles in my driveway!!!

balck satin powdercoat, all new plastics, new graphics, new carbon frame gaurds and chain gaurd. new wheel and suspension bearings, new gripper seat, devol radiator gaurds and skid plate.

it was soooooo worth it. it looks freakin sweet.

i also got my rims on my supermoto painted. they look sick too.

what do you all think? :lol::applause::lol:

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3911-1.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg