Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody have the suspension lowring link they want to sell TE-450

I know some of you guys have put in on and then went back to stock height. Let me know if you have one that will fit my 07 TE450 that you would sell for a good price.

If not, where can I buy one???

thanks Jim

I don't think there is one being made for the Husky's. Maybe there is but I have never heard of it. Norm at Kouba link would be the guy to ask.

Kouba makes a link to fit. I have one my TE450. Sorry plan on leaving it there.

how much was it and are you glad you did it??? Did you lower your front clamps????

My short(er) friend who was going to ride an 06 TE450 in MX, but sold it for, of all things -- a CRF150R flat track bike (try not to laugh like I did) has a brand new one. It lowers the rear about 1.5 inches.

Comes with bearings and seals. He bought it for $150. He'll sell it for $135 delivered.

PM or email me if interested.

like westin stated it lowered the bike 1.5" and I did raise the forks in the triple clamp to compensate. For me it really made the bike feel alot less top heavy.

What does the link look like. If it's just standard looking dogbones you can find on a streetbike. I can waterjet cut some out for you on the cheap. I'd make the holes slightly undersized so you can ream them to size yourself. I could also machine them in a mill for more coin. Send me a pic and I'll tell you if I can help you out and what you could expect to pay. PM me and I'll send you my e-mail.

well it's a little more than the two "dog bones" as it also incorporates the forward bearing housing. It still would probably not be too difficult to make one with the proper tooling. The tricky part I imagine would be exactly how much longer to make it from stock to get the desired drop. Husky must have changed the linkage for the "new calibrations" in the 07 suspension. I looked for the part number in the parts manual on Husqvarnausa but they don't have the 07 in there yet.

talked to the folks at kouba last week and they said their husky link will not fit a 2007 husky.dan

True. Guess I brainfarted and did not see the original poster's 07 needs vs. my friend's 06 links.

talked to the folks at kouba last week and they said their husky link will not fit a 2007 husky.dan

Sounds like Norm is doing the right thing. The 07s may require modifying the swingarm and bellcrank. Given their success with the link product on other types/models, I'm sure they will have a design that is drop-in for the 07 TE 450 in the future.

In the meantime, check out a quality suspension shop and they can lower your 07.