Sign in to follow this  

How Heavy Are You?

I've currently got a 06 KTM 250SXF, it's really nice good power, but I wieght about 205 lb's and my dad thinks I'm a little heavy for it, how heavy are you guys riding 250F's? Should I buy a 450?

I am just around 200lbs. I have found that the 250f can be a better bike for non pro or expert level riders. I have had many 450's, sxf, rmz crf and have enjoyed and am faster on the 250sxf. I am a vet "b" rider and wasn't sure that I would be satisfied with the smaller 4 stroke, but the truth is that I can ride harder longer and I feel that I am "racing" again due to the maneuverablity of the bike. The 450's can be a handful when you are charging. This may not have been true years ago as the new 250f's have come a long way. Just my opinion, but for racing, I would stay with the new 250sxf.

the springs for the 06sxf are for people that WEIGH 170+/-10

so if you want to do anything about your issue about being too heavy, get stiffer springs

it will be much cheaper than buying a 450f.

My son runs around 200 with gear and doesn't have a problem running with other "B" riders on his 250sxf. All we have done is install heavier springs front and rear.

I'm some where around 260 with gear and the stock motor pulls me around really well. It lacks some bottom end for me. However, if I ride it agressively, I can hang with other rider's on 250 2 stks and 450f's in my class.

210 lbs without gear. I have no problems with the power the bike has now.

respring, revalve, and possibly a big bore kit if you find the power lacking. It will definitely outperform a 450 then.

ok this all sounds good, I find the suspension fine, although it does need setting up for sure. I wouldn't want to big bore the bike. I can definately relate to the whole riding it for longer thing. If I were to ride a 125 I'd kill the thing but I guess the 250F is that much better even though it runs the same class as the 125.

Thanks for your comments...:applause:

Yeah I am going to do that, I'm going to get a Honda CRF450R. Screw the whole getting a two-stroke idea.

Thanks for the advice...