Sign in to follow this  

uk sm yosh ti & rs2 jetting with 22.5 pilot?

i've tried searching and had so many different answers that i'm hoping this thread will answer my question and provide a future search solve for others.

both myself and a m8 have uk spec drz400sm bikes he has just got a full yosh ti :applause: b**stard:censored: and i've ordered a full yosh rs2.

now using the stock 22.5 pilot jet and having done the 3x3 what main jet from the sm dynojet kit is required what is the needle setting and how many turns on the fuel screw:worthy: big thanks to anyone that can give a definitive(had to check the dictionary for that one) answer:worthy:

i've tried searching and had so many different answers that i'm hoping this thread will answer my question and provide a future search solve for others.

both myself and a m8 have uk spec drz400sm bikes he has just got a full yosh ti :applause: b**stard:censored: and i've ordered a full yosh rs2.

now using the stock 22.5 pilot jet and having done the 3x3 what main jet from the sm dynojet kit is required what is the needle setting and how many turns on the fuel screw:worthy: big thanks to anyone that can give a definitive(had to check the dictionary for that one) answer:worthy:

Ok i think its

155 Main

DJ Needle clip 2

25 Pilot (you should really get 1, otherwise you'll be about 3 turns out on ur fuel screw, RISK OF IT FALLING OUT)

I'll have a look in Mikuni today :lol::applause:

don't have the float bowl screw kit yet but i found them ok to get out if you "crack" them with mole grips or water pump pliers, why do you need the extended fuel screw that i keep hearing about? and why do you recommend 25pilot when others say 22.5 is ok? cheers Headster:thumbsup:

Okay you NEED an extended fuel screw in order to correctly tune the pilot circuit!

You cant get access to the stock fuel screw when the carb is in and the bike is running!

How to confirm pilot circuit

and if you look at that, you'll see you should have the screw around 2.5 turns out, with a 22.5 you'll be at 3 - 3.5 and at HIGH risk of it falling out!!

The Pilot and fuel screw are driectly linked so, yes you need both.

http://www.kientech.com/ have both, just email Jesse/Janet. They have good shipping too!:applause: Just got my FCR extended screw from them!:applause:

Thanks for the help Headster:worthy: smoto if your reading this it looks like we've got to get extended fuel screws + the 25 pilot, might as well get alen key float bowl screws at the same time, more expence:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help Headster:worthy: smoto if your reading this it looks like we've got to get extended fuel screws + the 25 pilot, might as well get alen key float bowl screws at the same time, more expence:rolleyes:

if u 2 are mates, why dont you order 2 of everything and then you'll half the shipping costs :applause: