Sign in to follow this  

Questions about the TE 570

Ok, n00b here. Got questions for your Husky gurus.

I am interested in a stock used 2004 TE570. I am 6' 6" tall, 210 lbs. Have offroad Honda XL350 experience. Have searched TT and haven't really found answers to these questions:

What would I modify to make the 570 fit my height (probably lower pegs, bar risers, deeper bend bars, thicker grips, higher seat, forks, rear shock--but I don't know the specifics or the cost)?

How much is involved in making a 2004 TE570 street legal (in Massachusetts or in New Mexico where I will be in 2 years)?

What is the general reputation of the TE570? Problems? Normal modifications?

Anyone have used parts suitable for a tall guy to mod a 570?

Thank you from a n00b -- and now we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

TT's best resource for TE570's, has unfortunately passed away. Check out this link. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/announcement.php?f=79&a=149

The TE570 is a great bike, the final developement of 20 years of Husky single cam enduro bikes. I had the smaller capacity TE400 and I'm short so, I was going after the opposite. To make it taller, the first mod will be a tall foam and seat cover from Guts Racing. You can lower the pegs by moving the springs over, not a big gain. Not a big gain, but with the tall seat it helps. No bar risers only, most guys use riser system designed for steering damper sub-mount to get taller, not cheap. Tall bars are your best bet. Husky dealers have the correct rate springs for your weight. Fran at Bottones www.bottonejobetcycles.com keep them in stock. They also have A.C.E. Suspension and their fork flow mods are great for New England rocks. For street legal in Mass? I would go to NE Forum here or www.nedirtbikes.com for advice. The TE570 is a good bike, the main concerns were carb and ignition on older models(570 and 610). Your bike has major upgrades in both that should make it trouble free.... Mikuni TMR41 carb and Koukasan ignition.

Norman

Congratulations on the bike:applause:

I couldn't believe it when I saw your post. You're the exact same height/weight as I. I have no suggestions about making height adjustments, as I have not tackled this with my 610 yet. However, The suggestions that Norman made sound like things I should strongly consider.

If you have the time, I'd be interested to hear about what you change and how it works-out.

Thank you Norman_Foley, that's just the kind of info I was hoping to obtain--experience pays.

Any tall 570 riders have even more ideas for me?

Congratulations on the bike:applause:

I couldn't believe it when I saw your post. You're the exact same height/weight as I. I have no suggestions about making height adjustments, as I have not tackled this with my 610 yet. However, The suggestions that Norman made sound like things I should strongly consider.

If you have the time, I'd be interested to hear about what you change and how it works-out.

I haven't bought the bike yet, but am deciding between the 2004 TE570 and an already tall-modified DRZ400E.

There's not too many of us long lean riders out there. Let's keep in touch.

I don't want to rag on suzukis, so I won't, but I have spent a lot of time working on my husky and it's quite a bike. You won't regret buying one of these finely-tuned, powerful beasts:ride:

I'm definitely all-for comparing notes on tall-rider setups and whatnot:applause: