small riders

do any of you out there have trouble with your bikes because you are to small? im 115 and trying to lose weight. im only 5'3 but im 15, so i cannot race the 80 class anymore. i was looking at a 4 stroke for a while but when i actually rode it it just felt like to much dead weight to lift handle in slow situations on a trail. and i cannot start it very well. i need to stick to my 125 its the only option. so what have you smaller guys out there done to make your bikes managable, i am going to cut the subframe at some point to make it shorter. i want to stay away from lowering links i have heard lots of bad about them. i think with a shorter subframe the bike will be short enough to manage better for me. what else can it do?

Are you wanting to race MX?? That shouldn't be an issue once you are out of the gate, but if you want to ride tight signle track and etc.. offroad... you will have a problem.

You can lower the bike with links and drop the forks in the triple clamps... if you are not racing MX... it should hurt too bad..

Also... I'm sure you could find a good shoe repair shop and have them modify your riding boots to add an inch in the soles of the boots.

If you get a non-MX bike like a WR250F or similar.. you can take another inch out of the seat foam.

All that should help by a few inches... you need to be able to get your feet down offroad in the tight stuff.

BTW.. I'm 6' and do not have this challenge... but I've ridden with some folks where this is a challenge and that's how they've minimized and overcome the challenge. Since you are only 15... my guess is you will grow another few inches in the next year or so... Best of luck!

You could try maybe smaller tires or different springs so that the big sits lower.

I dont think size of a rider matters. Look at Carmichael. Hes not a big guy, but he throws a 450 around better than anyone.

At a local track here in southern WI there is this 16 year old kid who I doubt is much over 100 pounds and he literally owns the 250 A class (and he riders a CRF450R!!).

If a 4-stroke feels too heavy for you, perhaps you need to start hitting the weight room.

Defiantly fitness is the key here for lifting the occasional tip-over on the trail or track. As far as the vertically challenged (I have a 28 inch inseam) I shaved my seat and raised the forks in the triple clamps. I am more trail/single track rider than MX racer it works for me.

IMG_2916.jpg

i do alot of offroad but have started going to the track more and plan on racing. when i am very tired and hot and fall pickup up the bike is not bad but starting the bike is, and i just really like 2 strokes, i heard all this good stuff about 4 strokes and i got on one and felt slow i didnt like it, i like my 125 more than the 250f