Sign in to follow this  

How does this look?

I thought that it is showing the side that is facing the exhaust. This is a new plug with one day on it (85 miles). Currently trying to dial in the jetting. Is this good or bad?

10thFebTTride018Medium.jpg

Hey Eddie, He has a hesitation he can't get ride of and KTM say's it will allways be there and you can't do anything about it

you lost me here.i cant do anything about it?he didnt ask about any hesistation?

you lost me here.i cant do anything about it?he didnt ask about any hesistation?

I am irritated with the bog. It is not much, but it is irritating. I needed a valve adjust so I took it in and asked if they could set the fuel screw when they were done. The mechanic had mentioned that you will never get rid of it. I know you can't get the response of a 2 stroke, but I would like it to have the response of a 450r. Without changing the flywheel, tit. valves, etc.

what is the current jetting?

3,000 ' elevation (06 450xc) SX needle in 4rth position. Fuel screw 2 1/2 out. 45 pilot. 185 main. JD bowl with leak jet. JD kit rubber band on the accelerator pump squirt timing.

With 85 hard miles, is what the plug looks like. I like to come into corners hot, like from 4rth right down to 2cnd or 1rst, depending on the corner. This is when I notice the bog the most, sometimes the bike wants to cut out even.:applause:

what is the SX needle code?

The code is OBDVR which is actually the stock needle code. They made me pay $28 bucks for a needle that I already had.:applause: They told me it was an SX.

After the initial warm up? It is still there. Like I was saying, most noticeable when pulling out of a corner in 2cnd or climbing a steep climb with a break in the climb and then the climb continues.:applause: It will sputter and try to die out, sometimes it does.

sounds more like a float height issue to me.

Really, never thought of that. Any suggestions? Or where to go for info?