Sign in to follow this  

White Brothers e2 06 450R to fit 05 450x?

Just bought a used 05 450X and found a White Bros E2 on E bay for 06-07 450R. The E2 for 05 450R is same part # for 05-07 450X. The E2 slips on but does not line up with middle connection point. ( the 06-07 is different part #) Flange at head pipe may also be a problem. Was thinking maybe order a new head pipe to match the 06-07 ?

I have the exact same E2 slip-on and have it mounted on my 05 450x. The midpipe mount must be moved exactly 1/2" forward, I had a buddy who is a welder, relocate it ($40). The stock headpipe will fit but it will be a tight fit, you may have to take a dremel tool/sanding disk to open up the ID of the midpipe a little bit. Other than that it works perfectly. I purchased mine on ebay for $100, that's how I justified doing the extra labor on it, versus buying the proper one.

Thanks for the info. I also purchased mine on E bay. Looks new . Did you use the same clamp at the mid pipe? The E2 slides in instead of the stock which is slotted and clamps over tail pipe.

No clamp need, it is a nice slip fit, no leaks. The headpipe slides into the midepipe. If you are concerned about leakage, use some hitemp exhaust sealer. I'll post a new pic later today, check my TT garage.

I spoke with a welder today and he had me mount the pipe first and mark the midpoint mount hole with majic marker . I will have to move mount forward the width of the hole ( approx. 1/4" as posted earlier) and just slightly up ( approx. 1/16" ) to line up. After this there will be a 3/16" gap from the midpoint mount on the frame and the bracket on pipe.

Should I fill the gap with a shockproof grommet or have the welder bring the bracket 3/16" out to flush with the mount?

Take a couple of flat washers to act as a shim. Two or three ought to do it. You can use black electrical tape to tape the washers together and it will act as a spacer.

OK . Mounted the pipe today. Perfect fit!! Used 3 flat washers and some electrical tape for the space behind midmount. Had to make sure the pipe tightened up towards the mount as it will rub the rear spring. The stock exhaust has a flat spot on pipe to avoid this. The slip on seems snug so I will ride some to see if needs any pipi tape at connection.

Next on the list is the JD jetting kit I just purchased off TT. Anyone running the E-2 with a JD kit . Would like to know which setting is best . Thanks :applause:

Both my X and R have mufflers that don't line up at the mid pipe joint,hasn'i bothered me at all.They don't leak ,don't rattle and do not look to be fatigueing.