Sign in to follow this  

KX100 Spark Arrestor?

Hey I have a 05' KX100 and I need a spark arrestor for it so I can ride in the national forrests. What spark arrestor silencer do you reccomend? Right now I won't be buying a pipe, but I may in the future.

I have an fmf turbincore I think, its the long one. It is decent, I am only running it because I broke the stock one. I would trade you your stock one for my fmf if you want?

I have an fmf turbincore I think, its the long one. It is decent, I am only running it because I broke the stock one. I would trade you your stock one for my fmf if you want?
If he does not want to trade i will. Also, you may want an FMF Q silencer, theyre great.

Check the FMF website. Some of their silencers only work with their pipe :applause: . I dont think the TC2 is one of them though.

I'll put my plug in here though, I'm selling the non-forest approved FMF PowerCoreII that came on our bike. Check in the classified under Kaw parts.

I think Cobra sells spark arrestor endcaps that fit on most pipes including the stock pipe.

what is considered a spark arrestor? is a supertrapp legal?

Chuck their website to be for sure, but I believe they are. That is what I run on my XR400. There is no straight path for a spark to get thru.

I've used the cobra's before and wouldn't recomend them. They are kinda heavy, clunky and don't reduce sound any that I could tell. A real spark arrestor silencer like the FMF Q isn't a lot more expensive and is a much better solution imho.

For the record I have a cobra sparky in a box in my trailer and a FMF Q on my bike:)

So the FMF needs an FMF pipe to work? Looks like I'll get the Pro Circuit Type 296 then.
Nope, the turbine core2 or the Q work with a stock pipe. Take it from me, i had a turbine core 2 on mine, and my friend has a Q on his.. lol