Sign in to follow this  

What handgaurds and tires are you guys running on your KX100

Title says it all... I'm going to be buying some hand gaurds soon, what ones do you reccomend for trail riding? Also don't know what color I'd get, so feel free to post pictures (any kawasaki would work)

Also I'm wondering what tires you run? I don't need new ones yet but I will in the future.

I have a KX250 but the handguards I like are the Cycra Pro Bends. They're not cheap ($89.00) but they're good and they've saved my bars, levers and hands many times!

Karl

I can't figure out how to post pictures...

I can't either. I don't know how the other guys are doing it.

Karl

If you have a photobucket account, you just upload the pictures and then they'll give you 3 little links... one is just a normal one. One is HTML (post on myspace) and one says like copy that one and paste it into your response. Or you can upload them into your TT garage and paste the link.

I'm running Michelin Starcross MS3 on my son's It's lasted longer than the Dunlop 756's. I'm goint to try a Maxxis IT next though. On my KTM it lasted a long time and got decent traction.

Best handguards IMO are the Fastway's with the Triple clamp mount. They are about $120 though, and I don't know if they would fit the KX100. His KX100 already had Acerbis guards when I bought it. They're not that great.

The Tusk Pro-flex from Rockymountain MC are very good for the price, about $60. They fit the mini bars well if you cut about 1" off the inside end and drill a new hole to mount. They are better and cheaper than the Acerbis, IMO. I put them on his TTR150 and they've held up well.

They're on the TTR in my garage. The Fastways are on the KX250f'

If you have a photobucket account, you just upload the pictures and then they'll give you 3 little links... one is just a normal one. One is HTML (post on myspace) and one says like copy that one and paste it into your response. Or you can upload them into your TT garage and paste the link.

I wish I'd have seen this earlier. Helpful post! Thanks dirtyrider! :applause:

Karl

Moose mini handguards. Not sure what tires are on it now, but it'll get Maxxis IT when it's time to replace them:thumbsup: