Sign in to follow this  

Corral Canyon OHV to reopen March 1st

I have no links as of yet, but San Diego 10 news did a video news feature up there Saturday, showing volunteers making final repairs to trails. Forestry officials made the announcement then.:applause: :applause:

corral canyon ohv area to reopen! At least in part. Effective March 1, 2007, the northern 1/3 of the OHV area—which includes both campgrounds and the staging area—will reopen for public use for the first time since the Horse Fire. The Kernan Cycle Trail will also open in its entirety which connects the Corral Canyon OHV area to Pine Valley. There will also be work/play days on February 24 & 25. Volunteers will meet at Four Corners at 9:00 A.M. After lunch all volunteers who want to will be able to take their machines out on the trails to test the new tread. For further information contact Richard Tull at 619.445.6235 ext 3451.

This was taken of the San Diego Off-Road Coalition website.

Sounds like a good day to go riding

Dave

anybody up for a friday ride. I'm going to do a quick loop and see whats left of the riding area then leaving from there and spending the rest of the weekend in O'wells

Dave

couple of us are thinking of staging down by pine valley and ride over to cc and back. anybody interesteD?

Which day and what time? Wish I could do Friday, Dave, but gotta work. Sure would like to check it out, don't think it's gonna be to pretty tho. South of the campgrounds and Bronco Peak got torched

we are thinking about this saturday between 9-10.

This area is all green sticker only right now correct? I cant wait to get up there again. Well I guess I can, until the end of the year anyway...

Wow, thats different than previous years. If I remember right it was only open 2 or 3 months a year for red sticker before. It certainly wasnt open six months a year. Jeez, most everything down here is open six months according to this now. GOOD NEWS!

Im thinking weekday trip next Tues or Wed.