Sign in to follow this  

Buying a kx250f

I found an almost new 04 for $3000. Is there anything I should know about the 04's before I buy one? Is this a good price for this bike?

I would say thats too much, but maybe not depending on condition. My friends had an 05 with a lot of stuff on it that he just sold for $2500. They has problems with the 04 overheating.

Yea I just picked up an 04 about a month or so ago, but traded it straight up for my VERY clean 03 kx250 two stroke which NADA value wise was only worth 2800 or so. The 04 was worth NADA wise more but it was real rough around the edges and I had to put a few hundred bucks into it already (ie: suspension, tires, grips, plastic, graphics, and LOTS OF TLC). I think 3 grand sounds alil steep to me but I guess it depends on the condition of the bike.

I just picked up a clean 06 for 3300. Look around for another deal or mabey get him to come down a little.

There ya go^^ wow that was a great deal. I am sure in the spring when everyone is ready to get rid of their bikes for new ones or are trading up you might be able to find a good deal.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll keep looking. If anybody sees something come up for around $3000+- let me know.

ive got an 05' i could sell you... 3600$. Let me know if you want some more info. Where are you located in California?

We bought an 06 a few months ago for 2500, just be patient, the deals are out there.

Doofosmitch

You got a 08 for 3500!? How or where did you pull that one from? Thats a great deal even for a dealer only auction, did you get it from a pro or a bank repo or something?

I got my 08 for 3500.. so you can get an 06 for the same price i know.

ya really whats dirt on this? thats insane! tell us girlfriend! lol kj

what is everyone thinking, 3000 is a normal price for an 04. ones below that have been beat to shit and many parts need to be fixed.

heres some advice if you want a bike.

Pay that 500 more and save in the LONGRUN. buying a bike for 2500 is good for mabey a full month! after that you will be spending 1000+ when you try to fix everything.