Sign in to follow this  

Diff between 05 and 06 suspension?

Hey guys,I just sold my CRF and am now on the hunt for a yz 250.I found a really nice looking 05 with a PC pipe and silencer for 4500 canadian.To put it into perspective i just sold my 04 crf250r that had been raced for 4700 canadian.I was wondering what the 05 suspension was like compared to the 06.I will be getting it done by pro-action but is it worth the extra money for the TI spring and the SSS forks?I do not mind spening the extra money on a 06 if it really is that much better but i was wondering on what your thoughts were?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beside the suspension some of the other upgrades for 06 according to the brochure included: new seat, adjustable upper triple clamp, titanium pegs, and a new swingarm with revised pivot. Chances are if you or the previous owner needed to replace the rear spring it would be done with a steel one as they are @ $100 compared to $300 for the titanium.

This bike has a aftermarket seat and applied triple clamps as well.I realise that i may have to swap out the TI spring for a Eibach or something.Im really leaning towards the 05 as a 06 would be at the very least 5500 up here but if there is that big of a differrence which there really doesn't seem to be than i will splurge and go for the 06.Any thoughts?

I love my 06. When I bought it I only had to pay an extra 300 or so for it vs the new 05 they had. That decision was not so difficult.

I would not worry much about the seat, clamps, or ti spring. That stuff can al be deal twith.

I believe the 06 forks are an improvement....probably a big improvement. However, there is no way in hell I would have paid an extra 1000.00 for them. I would have had the 05 forks revalved. If I still hated them I would ebay a set of 06 forks and sell the 05 stuff. If you have a line on a good used 05 I would go for it.