Sign in to follow this  

04 250R Oil Change

Ive allready drained all the oil (Trans and Motor) now which side do I put the Motor Oil in Right or Left? Same with Trans

Thats what I thought but my dad insists that since we took the Trans Oil out the Left it has to go in the left

The transmission case drain is simply located on the left side of the bike; regardless the trans oil goes in the right side and you check its level by the phillips-head bolt on the right side of the case; it'll run out when full. The engine drain is on the bottom of the case and you'll know when its full from the dipstick.

To clarify things, The transmission fill bolt is on the right side of the engine by the kickstarter and right on top of the clutch cover, the drain for the trans is right by the shifter

The fill for the engine is on the left side of the bike, where the oil filter is and the drain is right underneath of the engine

Fill the engine until the full mark, start up the bike and warm it up and then add more oil untill you get it to the full mark again. The oil distributes its self throughout the motor

For the trans fill it up untill it comes out of the check bolt hole (under the waterpump) and then put the check bolt in and then add a little extra for some cheap insurance.

Just be sure you develop a personal system to make sure you have filled both sides, especially if you are used to a single fill bike. I remove both fill caps as Step 1 and do not replace them until after I have filled that side. A friend once made the error of not filling the engine side. A $2000 mistake.