Sign in to follow this  

Stock exhaust, plug removed DB level?

Hey guys.. just curious when you pull the plug out of the end of the 250x exhaust, does this bring it much above the 96 DB range?? Going on my first poker run on sunday and don't want to look like a dick! :applause:

I haven't seen any actual sound tests with the quiet insert out, but I would say its well above 96 db. I ran mine this way for 2 years, competition only. It has a raspy tone at low rpm and was loud enough at higher rpm to make me think about it during a race. Don't think it would pass for a poker run.

This is suppost to be the last year that you can enter in this poker run without being under the 96 DB... Up here in canada the land issues are really becoming a concern as well, so I am just trying to do my part.. My plug fell out of my exhaust a while ago so i do not even remember how quiet it was with it in.. until I can afford a new exhaust.. so many things on the list ya know! Thanks for the help though guys... I know should have done a search.. then my eyes hurt from reading so much ha ha

I removed it and had it noise tested at an ACU Enduro it registed 102db that was with the airbox opened up and jetted. If you drill the bung or cut the back off it is about 92.

I removed it and had it noise tested at an ACU Enduro it registed 102db that was with the airbox opened up and jetted. If you drill the bung or cut the back off it is about 92.

I was around 100 DB with baffle removed. In May 2004 I got a nasty look from the sound check guy at a turkey run.

I did the Ramsey mod following that event, 11/16 drilled out baffle around 94-96db.

I am gonna be embarrassed for my buddy showing up at this thing on his 450 with a FMF exhaust.. damn thing sounds like a jet taking off :applause: .. ha ha