Sign in to follow this  

MX Vet Series

No commitment needed now, but who is racing the series this year??

I know that I have talked to a few of you that want to do a couple of

races, but is anyone gonna race for points???

No commitment needed now, but who is racing the series this year??

I know that I have talked to a few of you that want to do a couple of

races, but is anyone gonna race for points???

I plan on racing the Racer X series as we talked about last night. I am not sure I can attend them all, but my plan is to do so. As long as I am healed enough from my 4/23 surgery, I will be at the Byron race. Byron and Red Bud were the 2 I wanted to do for sure. As far as points...do we need to attend all races to be eligible for points? This is for fun, but to make it interesting and racing for points may make it more fun.

From what I can see, if you were to run all 4 events, you'd be in pretty good shape for the overall.

From what I can see, if you were to run all 4 events, you'd be in pretty good shape for the overall.

Are you going +30C or B 888????

I was hoping to do at least Red Bud and Byron but I have a trip planned to Florida on the day of the Byron round.

I'm currently interviewing for a new job though and if I get that I'll have less time off and won't be able to go to Florida but WILL be able to race Byron.

We shall see.

Are you going +30C or B 888????

I'll run +35B, and maybe talk Ron into a +30 moto for fun???

Do you have to be 35 prior to the series or are you allowed to race in the +35 if you will be 35 during the series? I will turn 35 in August is why I ask.

Probably need to make the number the date of each race.

You can check out www.mxvets.com

however, they have not updated it since the end of last season.

I have been checking the site each week to see if they had current info. I guess we will have to wait awhile longer for more answers.

Thanks

We're in for the Red Bud round.... gonna play it by ear on the others. :applause:

Do you have to be 35 prior to the series or are you allowed to race in the +35 if you will be 35 during the series? I will turn 35 in August is why I ask.

I'm in a similar situation, 35 in September. Ron and I talked about it at WIR and it's believed that the age classes are determined by the year of your birthday, not month and year. That way your not switching classes in the middle of the series.

You mean I might get to chase you guys around the track all day. I already know not to ride behind you :applause:, I still recall the unpleasant taste of BR mud :applause:

I'm in a similar situation, 35 in September. Ron and I talked about it at WIR and it's believed that the age classes are determined by the year of your birthday, not month and year. That way your not switching classes in the middle of the series.

Actually, I think they follow AMA Amateur rules, which is your age on race day. Pretty sure a few years back the Byron round was Sept. 10th, and I was tuning 25 Sept. 30th, and I was told I couldn't race the Vet series just yet.

For youth (under 16), your AMA "age" is your age on Jan. 1 of the current race year, but once you're 16, it's your age on race day. Although, I don't know how closely they really check.... :applause:

Nikki, you guys gettin ready for your trek south? Did you decide

on what tracks your going to this year(other than Daytona)?

Nikki, you guys gettin ready for your trek south? Did you decide

on what tracks your going to this year(other than Daytona)?

Yes! Bikes are loaded, gear is almost packed... we head out first thing Friday.... umm, so far the track line-up is Monster Mountain (AL), Aonia Pass (GA), Durhamtown (GA), North FL MX (FL), Hard Rock (FL), Waldo (FL), Bostwick (FL), Bartow (FL), and Quick Track (FL). Might swing my Reddick (FL) to catch some of their Loretta Lynn qualifier this weekend too. And Daytona SX next Friday, plus catch some Bike Week action. Gonna hit the Gulf coast one day and rent a boat too. I can't wait!! :applause:

Hogie - too bad you weren't gonna be down by Bostwick and couldn't come riding with us one day... hope your wrist heals up soon and we'll have to catch up one weekend soon!

Happy Birthday Matt - you old fart!! :applause: