Sign in to follow this  

Fingerpump

LOL i know it sounds funny.

Does anyone get finger pump? I get it really bad in my right hand after about an hour at the track.. it gets so bad i can barely move any of my fingers. I know its from constantly clutching in any corner. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? If i sit out for like 10 minutes im good for a lap until it gets painful again. I feel stupid asking this lol:banghead:

I got finger pump after using a jackhammer for 6 hours peeling up ceramic tiles. Although never on a dirtbike.

Although the pump went away when I stopped using the machine for 10 minutes.

If you clutch with your right hand, you need some damn good lessons :applause: . I get the same thing though. It really hurts for about five mins. It hurts in the joints, right? I don't have any idea what to do about it though:excuseme:

yeah its in the joints.... i meant left hand... already got dark synergy springs to lighten the pull a little and am not spending 200 for a hydrolic clutch bc i have a asv lever/perch

I get it in the spring when I'm out of shape, it seems to be worse when it is cold out. Afterwards my knuckles will be swollen for a couple days.

Try some different cornering technics unless your riding a125 2stroke.Try turning up the idle a little til you get this dialed. Practice rolling as many turns as possible less rear brake. Come in hot a gear high and downshift no clutch. Sounds easy but takes lotsa practice ya just dont want to kill it on a 4st. Try removing your clutch lever for 20 laps or so it helped me learn throttle and brake control. Hope this helps.

if you take a couple asprin before you ride (like if you had a headache) it will help with arm pump and help the joints. the aspirin will thin your blood a little and help keep everything flowing and lubed up in your body...

alcohol does the same thing but drinking and riding isnt the best