Sign in to follow this  

Good find!

So I bought my '04 used from a dealer about a year ago. It had some nice things like Excel wheels, a bunch of little Fastway things, and a Hinson clutch cover. After a year of riding I figured it was time to check out the clutch, even though I've had zero problems with it. When I pulled the clutch cover off, this is what I found.:applause:

P1010412.jpg

I think my crf450 is the only thing I have ever bought, that I don't feel like I got screwed on.

i just bought a hinson basket for mine... how is yours going with groves and wear?

4cv0u2a.jpg

thats my old one...:applause:

Wow, u need a new outer basket...:applause: is that the OEM one..how long did it last u ?

So I bought my '04 used from a dealer about a year ago. It had some nice things like Excel wheels, a bunch of little Fastway things, and a Hinson clutch cover. After a year of riding I figured it was time to check out the clutch, even though I've had zero problems with it. When I pulled the clutch cover off, this is what I found.:applause:

P1010412.jpg

I think my crf450 is the only thing I have ever bought, that I don't feel like I got screwed on.

Sweet dude. :applause: Thats one less thing you should not have to worry about.

i just bought a hinson basket for mine... how is yours going with groves and wear?

Everything looked perfect. No grooves, what so ever.:applause: I'd take a pic, but I already put it back together.

I pulled the clutch off my 02 450 back in August, and the basket showed no signs of wear. It was the original one too. The only reason I pulled and replaced it was because the cushions disintegrated.

4cv0u2a.jpg

thats my old one...:applause:

Holy crap! Talk about clutch drag.

That thing must have started right up in gear.:applause: