Sign in to follow this  

crf250 or 450

Whats the better overall choice for trails and some track riding? I'm about 6'2 and about 190 lbs. It seems as if most people prefer the 250f even though it has less power. Does anyone have a dyno graph of a stock crf250 or crf450? Thanks.

The CRF450 is the best all around bike. Its nice to have the power when you want it.

I'm have the sAme problem, if you were to get either of the bikes, would you be getting it new or used, and what year?

I have just traded in my 08 crf450 for a brand new 10 crf250 and dont regret it at all best move i have ever made. I ride mainly motocross, I think if you are riding trails the 450 would be the better option not because the 250 dosent have enough power but because with the 450 you dont have to always be on it. Mine has a yoshi full system and fuel remap the dyno figures show peak hp at 37.86 im not sure what the stock figures are. Either way you will be happy, cant beat the honda for handling.:bonk:

I think that its all dependant on how you ride and what your wanting the bike to be able to do

The type of trail riding i do , i have ridden friends 250F's and was running out of power and wanting another gear on every one of them , but then again , i found the exact same issue whan riding on the motocross track with a 250F , i was wanting another gear , i thought crap i need a 6 or 7 speed gearbox to enjoy a 250F , what felt like what 3rd would be on a 450 was 5th on a 250F , i weigh between 195-200 without gear , and find that a 250F is underpowered for me , but i do enjoy the light weight , again , it depends on what your expecting the bike to be able to do

On another note , a 250 2 stroke has the light weight and pretty much the power of a 450 , if i was to get another bike besides my 450R and 450X i would get a KTM or Gas Gas 300 2 stroke , simply because of the electric start , light weight and still have power to climb hills , which is where i find the 250F's lack the most compared to a 450

Mine has a yoshi full system and fuel remap the dyno figures show peak hp at 37.86 im not sure what the stock figures are.

37.86 on a 450R? I don't think that is quite right. Wouldn't it have more like 50ish?

37.86 on a 450R? I don't think that is quite right. Wouldn't it have more like 50ish?

i think hes talking about his 250,

sorry, to clarify 37.86 on the 250f i think the 450 was about 50 or so. At first i thought the 250 was lacking a little untill i started reving it, these bikes ride best at 10,000 rpm unlike the 450 that produces huge amounts of power everywhere in the rev range. Dont disscount the 250f heaps of people are going back from the bigger bikes you just have to ride them harder and more agressive, much like a 125.

The 450r motor will be a better choice I think, if you handle it ok. just because it can take more abuse than the 250f. but I can see your debate between the 2

how much track riding r you going to be doing, and will you be racing or just some practice laps. because i am thinking about getting a crf450 even though people are saying to get the 250, cuz i dont do much track riding its more in the sand and hitting big jumps where the lighter and faster turning 250 wont really matter, i want the more power