Sign in to follow this  

Chest protector with a camelback? WTF????

Whats your favorite combo? I have a Fox Chest protector and if I wear my camelback on the outside it pulls my chest protector up on my neck. If I wear it under it feels like sh#t. Thinking about a under jersey protector like a body armor or??? Whats your favorite set up? I am looking for comfort.

Not sure how to answer this because I wear mine over my chest protector (TLD) and don't have any problems with it. My daughter on the other hand likes to wear hers under her chest protector (Thor). I've never tried it but she says it's more comfortable....???

I use a Fox Airframe and put the Camelback on underneath it. If you adjust the straps on your roost deflector to make it wider it will fit better.

It's never bothered me.

I have a Thor chest protector and wear the Camelbak under it. I hardly even notice it being there. I tried putting the Camelbak on the protector and it tried to choke me...LOL.

I wear mine under my thor chest protector my wife wears hers out side my daughter wears hers under and last week it saved her back. She went down to move out of the way from A kid swerving in her way lost control; and the woman in back of her to my horror :applause: went down and layed it out perfect straight front wheel into her back, water fiiled underneath chest protector she came out with a bruise on her hip thats was it:worthy: under the protector always .:applause:

I have a Thor chest protector and wear the Camelbak under it. I hardly even notice it being there. I tried putting the Camelbak on the protector and it tried to choke me...LOL.

Thats what im talking about. Guess I will try it under with a newer chest protector. Thanks for your input all.

I have never really had a problem with wearing a chest protector, but quite a while ago I stopped wearing it! I do not know why?! hahaha. I am going to start wearing it again, because I do not recall on any problems.

I strapped my Camebak right to the back plate of my Moose roost guard - in other words, all one piece. I also have a small plastic canteen strapped to the front which evens out the "pull down" on the back. Some guys I ride with like the idea, others think it could be a problem in a crash.