Sign in to follow this  

Flight for Life at Thunder Valley

Anyone know what happend at TV today? I went out for a few laps with a helmet cam right after they prepped the track around 12:30 or so, while I was back at my truck looking at the video something bad happend. I went back out but no one was riding and there was a big group gathered by the left hand sweeper at the bottom of that double following the steep downhill section (highest point of the track). As I got closer I could see someone doing CPR on a rider that was just over the berm on that left hand sweeper. Pretty soon the ambulance showed up, followed by flight for life. I sure hope who ever it was is OK - very scary.

I was there too. From what I heard the guy was ridding with some kind of heart defect and just collapsed while ridding. I think they got the guys heart going again, but not sure. Hope he is hanging in there

No matter what its a sad, scary thing to see CPR on a track. Its good to know it wasn't a severe riding accident though. I have enough bad images in my head already.

Yea, I was there helping them. His name was Johnny 37 years old . This was his 4th heart attack, the last one one year ago. 40 minutes into it he got a slight pulse, very weak. When he hit the ground, apparantly his heart had already stopped. We were talking to his wife on the cell phone and telling her what was going on,""they just put a shunt into his heart, they are shocking him now,'' etc .Very sad. . He was going slow and just tipped over. He had a heart attack. I doubt he made it, lets hope he did though.

Scary, @ 37 to have something like that happen. My thoughts and prayers go out the family. If someone from here knows the family and they are in need mabey we all can help.

His buddy was parked next to me he had the Medved autoplex truck. Wouldn't be to hard to find him I bet.

We were there too and I'm sad to report that he died at the hospital. My brother was one of the ones giving Johnny CPR. He called and talked to the fire chief this morning to find out his condition. Very, very sad. My prayers are with his family and friends.

I was there as well, sorry to hear he passed away, have been scowering the news and net to see what happened, we left after flight for life arrived....on one hand very sad, on the other hand at least he died doing something he loved and not driving down c470 in his car or something when it happened. RIP

You are right about doing something he loved. That's how I would want to go.

Riding in the Rocky Mountains. I hope his after life is just as beatiful.

Bless his family.

You are right about doing something he loved. That's how I would want to go.

Riding in the Rocky Mountains. I hope his after life is just as beatiful.

Bless his family.

Well said and my thoughts, exactly.

In the wind...

Doing something he loved. We all gotta leave at some point. Pray for his family, he's already got the triple jump dialed....

i did'nt know him personally but a friend of mine knew him well and is pretty upset at his loss. i heard he was a great guy and always had a smile on his face-so godbless and rest well

Sad to hear about this, i have really high blood pressure. most of the time i take 3 to 4 asprins before i ride to thin my blood and help with my pressure. Not saying this could of prevent this, its just what i do.

Very sad, its horrible to see one of our own go down, my prayers go out to his family... But as everyone said at least he was doing something he loved.

Sad to hear about this, i have really high blood pressure. most of the time i take 3 to 4 asprins before i ride to thin my blood and help with my pressure. Not saying this could of prevent this, its just what i do.

If this was his 4th heart attack at 37 years old, I'm sure he was doing everything possible to prevent one.