Sign in to follow this  

yz 250 vs rm 250

how do thees to bike compare for woods riding. what are there power bands like and is ones suspension better then the other stock

I've read a few diffrent places now that these two are the best Two Stroke 250's, Try googling "Two Stroke shootout" or "250 shootout" The RM is supposed to have better suspension but I think thats about it.

Hope it helps

kevin

how do thees to bike compare for woods riding. what are there power bands like and is ones suspension better then the other stock

The YZ has the best suspension and engine out of the gate, the RM responds well to a little massaging. Both bikes respond take on a new persona with FWW's and work well in the woods. The RM has better handling traits in the woods (very tight turning, magic) and a little more nervous at speed in the open (a steering stabilizer helps loads, both bikes). The RM clutch has historically been shite, you must buy a Hinson clutch setup right away for woods work. My buddy rides an RM setup for the woods and it is a blast, setup properly it is as good in performance as the YZ. Yamaha is maybe slightly more durable overall and a little closer to perfect from the start. Hope this helps.

I agree with Chick and M-Dog. The Suzuki clutch (I had an 03) had the durability of a prom dress in the ghetto. However, I would buy another RM if I could get a deal on one. They convert to a worthy woods weapon. The YZ converts a little easier. I would be comfortable racing an RM again.

Mark