Rekluse Z-Start Pro kicking arse....

I'm all amped up as I've just returned from the races and it was epic. Perfect winter track conditions = heavy, deap, moist sand. It acutally rained slightly during the day but very lightly. This Z-Start Pro just keeps working so well, I just wanted to let those who are on the fence about it to know that I thouroughly hammer my clutch out of many corners as a course of habit: no problem. If I get tired (or pumped up) and can't reach for the clutch lever before a tight rutted turn near the end of a moto, no problem. Forget about it! Just roll on the throttle and your gear selection will dictate how fast you rocket to the next turn: either reving or torqing. I'm not going to tell you that it makes you faster but it definately cover's your arse when you make a mistake! Any time where you could have stalled it, you don't. Any time you could have fallen off the pipe and lugged it, possibly getting passed; you don't! All the while, giving you the ability to slip the clutch as normal at any time. Good Stuff!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/MEDSVD/DSC_0037.jpg

glad to hear the report----i was sold on the pro the minute i heard about it----only cause i have a genlll on my 03-----and they say it's better than that one which i find hard to believe-----so i had to order one for my 07----i just DONT WANT to ride without one------let's hear some more from you pro rekluse owner's!!!!!!!!

I'm all amped up as I've just returned from the races and it was epic. Perfect winter track conditions = heavy, deap, moist sand. It acutally rained slightly during the day but very lightly. This Z-Start Pro just keeps working so well, I just wanted to let those who are on the fence about it to know that I thouroughly hammer my clutch out of many corners as a course of habit: no problem. If I get tired (or pumped up) and can't reach for the clutch lever before a tight rutted turn near the end of a moto, no problem. Forget about it! Just roll on the throttle and your gear selection will dictate how fast you rocket to the next turn: either reving or torqing. I'm not going to tell you that it makes you faster but it definately cover's your arse when you make a mistake! Any time where you could have stalled it, you don't. Any time you could have fallen off the pipe and lugged it, possibly getting passed; you don't! All the while, giving you the ability to slip the clutch as normal at any time. Good Stuff!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/MEDSVD/DSC_0037.jpg

I have the regular rekluse and I love it. My question for you is....If you were to come out of a corner and fan the clutch, does it lock up quickly? Or better example would be if you were woods riding and wanted to snap the front wheel up to clear a log? With my regular one, I cant really do it with the clutch.

I have the regular rekluse and I love it. My question for you is....If you were to come out of a corner and fan the clutch, does it lock up quickly? Or better example would be if you were woods riding and wanted to snap the front wheel up to clear a log? With my regular one, I cant really do it with the clutch.

Not really sure I've understood your question: if you are talking about, while moving, been able to snap the front wheel, than you should be able to do also with the regular z-Start. But if you are talking about, jumping an front obstacle (like a rock, step, etc.) when you are completely stopped, (ie more like trial bikes technique), than you definitely need the PRO.

With the PRO you can give gas loading the rear of the bike with your weight while braking. Than you suddenly release the clutch lever to let the bike "jump" over obstacle when you are completely stopped (like climbing an extreme type of trail/section).

ya sorry, I am at work and I didn't have time to properly word the question. more simply put: if you were doing a start with you pro model and you drop the clutch from a high rpm. Would you get a smooth engagement, or would it act like a regular clutch and loop you out. Meaning does it enguage harder than the regular rekluse. I have the clutch override and my only dislike with it is say for instance I am hitting a jump out of a turn that I need a bit of speed for. So with my regular clutch (not rekluse) I would normally enter the turn a gear high and then fan clutch quick to get the burst of speed I might require. With my rekluse, I cant really do that. Entering a gear high and fanning the clutch (overide) will only lead to it engauging smoothly. Granted its not something that really bothers me, but it would be the one thing I wish I could improve.

Joe,

The answer to your question is yes, the Pro engages more aggresively than the original z-start. Granted, it is still 'an RPM sensitive pressure plate' that WILL slip if the R's drop. The technique that you are describing is typical of what many many fast riders use. This is one of the reasons the Pro model was developed; to appease that type of riding which is why it DOES engage more aggresively.

Red,

Yes, the design was focused on giving the rider a clutch lever that feels like stock at all RPM except off idle. Below 3000 or so, the lever is much easier to pull to dissengage because full clamping force is not yet reached so you're pulling against whatever clamping force the RPM/Balls/Ramps-pressureplate are making. It has an ingeneous force limiting sprng system which is what you pull against after 3000-3500 RPM, just like the stock design. Hope this helps.....

I got my order in yesterday for a Pro for my new 250 XCFW. I ran a Z-Start for three years in my CRF 450 and thought it was the best aftermarket mod I'd ever bought. I can't wait to try this new design out in the woods.

I can answer that.........short answer = NO! Unfortunately, there is not one part that is compatable. It was a clean-slate redesign. Just the way it is.....

Even the size of the balls are different! The good news is that the Center Clutch that is supplied with the Z-Start Pro is a very good design that EXCEEDs the capability of the stock center cluth in performance and lifespan.

I just ordered one for my 05 250exc. Can't wait to try it out in the nasty stuff. I check back in with a ride report when it comes in. Backordered till 3/7 or later. "Good things come to those who wait." :applause: