Sign in to follow this  

Why no aftermarket parts for the 04 450smr

I've noticed alot of parts are for 05-07 Huskys. Did I mess up when I bought my 04? Is there something I should know?

I've noticed alot of parts are for 05-07 Huskys. Did I mess up when I bought my 04? Is there something I should know?

Depending on what your looking for, they'r out there, you just have dig and search.

GPMotocycles in san deigo, Ca. is a good source, as is Uptiteracing in santa ana,CA. Have a look at www.supermotojunkie.com there's vendor's on the right side of the page, plus a Husky forum under manufactures.

I have a 04 450 smr, and I'm not sorry I bought it last Nov.

here's my 04

Newbikert.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. It never fails to put a smile on my face! Thanks for the leads. Where did you find a jet kit?

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. It never fails to put a smile on my face! Thanks for the leads. Where did you find a jet kit?

These guys can get just about anything tha's avil. for your Husky, plus they have a race team at the AMA level, and really know their stuff.

http://www.gpmotorcycles.com/

Jet kit ehhy, use the 04 TC setup . when I got the bike new of the lot it came with a TC kit.. needle part # 10F01-50 Needle / 30-35 pilot jet / 175 main.. if you can find a TC450 Ti system nab it. so many things you can do to that bike.. she's a oldie but still jams on the track... great backup race bike.. if your going to track it the front master cyclinder is a bit on the weak side. a good Magura or brembo radial will solve that issue..

husky005.jpg

right on Peter, Looks like your 04 is doing good too ehhy. just to prove the 04's are here to stay.. :applause:

Dukepilot, where did you get the seat cover. I will be needing one for my '04 TE510 one of these days. I'd like to get one for when it finally really needs it.

Thanks

Hammer, i have been thinking about doing my 04 in all white, now I am for sure going to, that looks awesome. :applause:

Hammer, i have been thinking about doing my 04 in all white, now I am for sure going to, that look awesome. :applause:

+1 On the all white!:applause:

Looks awesome!!:lol:

Thanks for the kind words...:applause:

I got my plastic from Craig in Ca. it won't let me link it, or even type the name..

Thanks for the kind words...:applause:

I got my plastic from Craig in Ca. it won't let me link it, or even type the name..

That's alright most of us know about Craig already :applause:

Who is Craig in CA ? I really like the white also, I think I'll copy cat yours. It looks awsome ! Bravo. Are those the same dimensions as the stock plastic ? More to the point, is it a simple remove and replace procedure ? Or is it a custom ? I really like the white.

l8r

Jerry

Thanks