Sign in to follow this  

Fork is leaking

I searched the articles and found some great information on this subject.

My left fork is leaking a little. I pulled the dust cover down and used a tear-off to try and clean the seal, but it is still slightly leaking. Are there any other tricks to get the leaking to stop or should I just replace the seal?

What tools do you recommend for replacing the seal?

07 YZ250

broken seal, had the same problem with my yz

you can buy every thing you need from a dealership near buy, unless you find it online. I dont know anythingabout doing it, but save the money and do it yourself

Get a set of Factory Connection replacement seals... they have a much snugger fit to the inside shaft of the fork. I find the OEM seals are a little loose.. and allow dirt to get inside the seal much too easy.

Get a set of Factory Connection replacement seals... they have a much snugger fit to the inside shaft of the fork. I find the OEM seals are a little loose.. and allow dirt to get inside the seal much too easy.

The Factory Connection seals also come with a thinner washer that goes in between the oil seal and lower bushing, this allows for the use of a thicker oil seal, which helps the seal to last longer.