Sign in to follow this  

My track

I dont know if this is the correct place to post this but ive been working on my backyard track and i need some tips

1. im putting in a rythm section. How big do the jumps need to be im sortof limited in dirt.

2. After i save enough money im going to make one of the doubles a tripple by putting a new take off in front of the current one. Ive never made a jump more than about 30 feet long any tips on how to make it safe?

3. Any other tips would be great

thanks

try to build your track to it's full capacity. A tougher track will make you into a better rider, and as you progress, you'll be happy you built the track that way.

Something i did and i know its dumb, but since i have TVO i measured my bike from wheel to wheel, i think it was like 6 ft, then i slowed races down like arenacross races and measured how big their rythem sections are according to bike length, then to figure out how tall i measured me sitting on the bike. It helped alot building rythem sections to get me ready for arenacross

Pro whoops are 2ft high and 8ft peak to peak. I'm guessing your not pro and probably shouldn't make them that big. Start smaller and work your way up. When you move the dirt to that section, build a pile of dirt to use when you add or change the size of jumps.

Pro whoops are 2ft high and 8ft peak to peak. I'm guessing your not pro and probably shouldn't make them that big.

I would. Whoops settle & shrink pretty quickly. Mine lost probably 30% of their size within a month.