Sign in to follow this  

My track

I dont know if this is the correct place to post this but ive been working on my backyard track and i need some tips

1. im putting in a rythm section. How big do the jumps need to be im sortof limited in dirt.

2. After i save enough money im going to make one of the doubles a tripple by putting a new take off in front of the current one. Ive never made a jump more than about 30 feet long any tips on how to make it safe?

3. Any other tips would be great

thanks

Ill post pics of progress

make sure the triple take off will be able to kick you high enough to clear the double's lip and long enough to clear the triple.....i learned that the HARD way!!!! i had 3 loads of dirt dumped im my track and was ganna make a triple.....i got way to excited and just went to making it not planning it out or anything. after i finished it i had a few friends over to ride and no one was hitting the triple. i decided to be the first to jump it and i paid the price by having a hard crash. it didnt have enough kick or anything! i landed in the back of the landing and kart-wheeled a few times, my bike did too. it landed on me atleast once and i was lucky and didnt get hurt. i actually blacked out and dont remember any bit of the crash, my friends just told me how it went. so in the end i made the jump a single to table top......thats the best jump if your not to confident in your skills or dont want to take a chance of doing what i did......nvm it makes a good freestyle jump, you can come up short and not hurt yourself. hope this helped.....and if you have a hill in your track put whoops going up it and a jump at the top! TRUST ME that set up is soooooo much funn! i originally just put the jump at the top and the hill is right out of a corner. there was a lil bump at the bottom of the hill and after a while of riding it the hill got whooped out because of that lil bump kickin us out of the corner.......now its a perfect setup for testing your skills and its just super fun. we can jump atleast 50-70 feet off it and it has no landing at the moment. im putting one in this spring and a nice double over a mud hole that formed because there is a dip in the land.......thats another thing. if you have a dip in your track that fills up with water, just make a nice little double over it. ill post some pictures of my track in the spring so you can see how i did everything. good luck and keep it safe.

The spot where im putting my rythm section is like 50-60 ft. But im just guessin i havent messured it

the one where the tripple is going to be is at least 80 ft

anyone else have any tips?

Oh and there is already a track there im just trying to make it all a little more challenging thanks

What equipment do you have?

For my own track: Is 30' too short for a triple (not the whoops/rollers type)? I mean, so the double/single is actually doable without smashing the backside of the triple.

What equipment do you have?

For my own track: Is 30' too short for a triple (not the whoops/rollers type)? I mean, so the double/single is actually doable without smashing the backside of the triple.

The only equipment i have to work with is a small newholland tractor with a loader

My son rides a 50 and I have been slowly building obstacles into his track to make it more difficult/fun. I could not find much info, except the dirtwerks link posted above, on how to build tracks. My only thought would be to try and figure out by bike length how they have things spaced in the races shown on TV. Assuming your bike has close to the same wheel base this might help give you a guesstimate on spacing.

Charles

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/SDK_CRFX_RIDER/?action=view&current=track.jpg

This is a top veiw pic of my small track I made. It was done in paint in 2 minutes so bear with me. There are two wooden bridges I made to get over the drain ditch in the middle (don't ride on wood bridges when wet and slippery, it always ends bad) and there are a few tables, doubles, whoops and rythems.

Nice track Crazyced:thumbsup:

Yeah, where Cumberland MX used to be right? Good track, dont know why Scott shut it down. I live in London, you ever been to Daniel Boone?

Yeah, where Cumberland MX used to be right? Good track, dont know why Scott shut it down. I live in London, you ever been to Daniel Boone?

Yah, Scott "got" shut down because there were a couple kids that broke their necks and ended up really bad because the so called "medics" moved them off the track and he never had "Real" medics present as well as some counts of credit card fraud, but ive never been to daniel boone, I have thought about going but Im limited to harescrambles now, due to some of my friends getting hurt pretty bad, including one of the kids at scotts that broke his neck so my mom isnt to big on the moto thing but i am looking foward to doing some of the KOHRS harescramble races this season. Do you do any harescrambles? We should get a ride going this summer some time.

Build your track to your liking, but be careful if others ride on it. Talk to an attorney, and draw up a release. No matter how close of a friend you have, you will be surprised if there is a serious injury. My release states, that the person signing is not allowed on your property and if caught can be sued for trespassing. This was per my attorneys recommendation. He said the old release that releases you from fault, only proves the fact that you have something dangerous on your property that others can get hurt on.

As far as building the track, lots of options, that are changable as you go. Start out with jumps you can do and build confidence on, and make them harder as you get comfortable on them. I have posted my track here several times.

I define jump face's in two terms (rollers and kickers) for a roller used in rithym sections and long high speed double / triples, ramp the dirt up slow with no lip.

for a kicker used in, finish line, shorter double / triples ramp the dirt up faster with a lip, the lip is key to much or to little will determine how high it kicks you , if you like to scrub the face you don't want much lip the profile is much the same as a football more of an ark than a radius. remember to use moist dirt and build jump face's in lifts, roll pack them, they will last way longer