Sign in to follow this  

KTM 625SMC Wheels on DRZ

Thanks to all the info posted on this forum regarding KTM 17" wheels fitted to a DRZ, I bought a set off a 625 SMC on Ebay. I didn't pay careful attention 'cause I was so excited to win the bid and didn't research that the 625 rear wheel has a 5" rim with a 160mm tire, not the 4.25" rim I expected.

All is well..... it fits!!....very tight clearances, but it fits. The stock spacers position the wheel so the sprocket and rotor line up very close to perfectly. The tire clears the swingarm by only 1/2" on each side and the chain barely clears the tire (it should, the wheel is completely stock KTM). You also have to slide in the caliper bracket after the wheel is in place.

The front wheel fits too but I had to make a pair of ~1/2" spacers to center it in my RM125 forks. I think the fit would be about the same for the DRZ forks. The more difficult effort was to make a caliper offset bracket for the Brembo 310mm disc that came with the wheels. There are brackets for 320 discs on the DRZ but none that I have found for a 310.

I have one question for those who know KTMs. Is the rear brake rotor bolt circle on the 625SMC the same as most of the other full size KTMs (eg. 520 EXC)? The wheel set didn't come with a rear disc and I want to get one of those Tusk SS discs from RockyMountainMC.

I can't tell you for sure but KTM parts tend to be very universal.

yep from i think 1990 to now are all the same rear hub / rear brake bolt circle.

I have 3 rear ktm wheels and they are all the same

220mm rear rotor for s or e

I have wondered the same thing about the KTM wheels. Maybe I was looking at the same auction. Glad to hear that they do. I have some shopping to do.

Russ S, can you put some pics of the rims, brackets and spacers.

The pics in your profile are showing sth about gsxr wheels.

Thank you.