Other liquids in your camelback.

I see people saying how "oh i put bud light in my camelback for the ride", and i always wonder..... Won't that ruin the camelback? Say you put some red bull or Gatorade in your pack, and then the next day you put water in it, wouldn't

you still taste red bull? anyone have some experience with this?

I use Hammer nutritions perpetuem in mine. If I dont rinse it out really well there is some residual taste, I like it so its no big deal. All you need to do is rinse it out really good when you get home. Camelbak makes cleaning tablets that take out any flavor that might stick around. I use one about every six months.

You cant run beer or soda in a camelback. It would pressure up because of the shaking and you would end up soaked. When I buy a new bladder I run gatorade to get rid if the rubber taste. If you run gatorade you need to be sure to put it right in the refrigerator after your done or it will mold. Just never use anything with carbonation. a riding buddy tried it once and it blew up. Was quite funny but I dont think riding the rest of the day all sticky would be fun.

I see people saying how "oh i put bud light in my camelback for the ride", and i always wonder..... Won't that ruin the camelback? Say you put some red bull or Gatorade in your pack, and then the next day you put water in it, wouldn't

you still taste red bull? anyone have some experience with this?

After years of MTB riding it's hard to get a camelback to taste like anything but S:censored: Water, water, water!

It doesn't matter what you put in it, just as long as your done just wash it out good. I usally fill mine up with haot water when Im done and then through an efferdent tablet in it to kill all the bacteria and then drain it. Works great and keeps it clean if not used for a while.

for snowboarding i just put the gatorade mix in. I like to make it so i just get a bit of the sugar and taste. Then when I get home i just take some hot water and fill it up and slush it around. after doing that a few times i just drain all the water out through the hose and let it dry. been working for about 4 years