Sign in to follow this  

Fuel range with IMS tank

Last weekend we went for a ride with the new IMS 1.6 gallon tank on the 150

The last ride of the weekend I filled the tank to the top. My wife was riding the 150 I was on my KTM, we rode 47 miles of trails at a moderate pace from 1500 up to 6000 foot elevation. This weekend I took the tank off to check the valves and decided to measure the amount of fuel left in the tank. I emptied the tank into my ratio rite and found there was 1000cc or 1 litre of fuel left in the tank. So it seems 50 miles is a fairly safe range on the IMS tank (depending on how you ride). BTW Bike has 20 hours on it with stock jetting.

I got about the same (30 MPG) in a 2 hour hare scramble earlier today.

Temps in the high 30's - Low 40's. Very muddy and slick, avg. speed about 22 mph @ 5000 ft elevation, 42 pilot/Stock 135 Main/Needle 1 clip richer than stock and a DMC Afterburner exhaust system.

Seems like you should get more then that. My wifes bike with a stock tank, a larger main, and a dr. d's muffler went about 48 miles and still had fuel left in it. Then we rode from cal city to husky and back, about a 75 mile trip and during the trip I put 2 - 16oz bottles of fuel in it on the way home. When we got back to camp I empty 1 - 16oz bottle back out of the bike.

I'm not sure the elevation off hand, but we rode at a decent "wifes" pace.

Granted there is probably other variables going on as well, but that this is been my experience.

Doug

Is cal city open terrain? It has been my experience that in open areas that you are not always off and on the throttle your mpg will go way up. in tight single track you are always off and on the throttle and each twist causes the AP to squirt extra fuel into the carb. Also the area we went to has a lot of steep long hills, about 4500 foot elevation change in 10 miles.