shoulder surgery

Hi doc, so I had my shoulder surgery a week ago wednesday. Surgery was on 2/14/07, I had spoke with you sometime ago about this. We did anther bankart repair then put a locking plate on my clavicle. My question now is the doc said I had 50/50 chance of the bone regenerating and growing together. What do you thnik, and what kind of supplaments can I take to help regenerate bone. I have feeling its going to a long time for that bone to grow. Im 39 and have had a non union clavicle for years like 10 or so.

Thanks

Brent

Ive tried putting photes of the surgery on here I cant figure it out

I hope you have a better chance than even money. If that is all that he though it had, he should have gotten someone else with a better track record to do it. Did they also do a bone graft?

We put all our patients on milk. Six 8 ounce glasses per day. Lots of calcium and extra protein.

Thanks for your reply. Yes we did do a bone graft from from my hip. I tryed to get that new bone protien but insurance wouldnt pay for it. A friend told me about an x ray they did on him where he had to ingest a dye then they took the x ray and the dye showed all the weak areas that had not healed yet. What do you about that?