Sign in to follow this  

Carb questions for a crf150r

I'm a little confused regarding the jetting...the manual says the main jet standard is 135..i'm swaping this out for a 140 main jet, the slow jet standard is 40..is the slow jet considered to be the pilot jet?...this will be swapped out w/ a 45 (pilot) jet..Also do i need to change the leak jet? Standard is 60. i have the stock pipe and header on this bike...also, does the boyseen pump accel. make a big difference....thanks for all ur help:ride:

the slow jet is the pilot jet...some people say the boyseen accel. covers..works, i dnt have it..but wat it does is it jsut holds more fuel in the Ap circuit..u will just have more squirt...but if u do get it, i would suggest doing an Ap mod, reason being is the extra amount of fuel, will create pressure when it is trying to be forced through the Ap circuit and into the carb intake....i would suggest redoing the Ap timing, Leak jet, and an Ap mod..like Redbeards Ap mod .....really helps throttle response, thats wat i heard...im gonna do it with my kxf

also for the Boyseen cover...it varies for diff bikes...people use it to cure low end bog, an indication that there it's not enough fuel to help get the rpm's up

• Like 1